Wrong permalinks in search form results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Wrong permalinks in search form results

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    artifexmedia62
    artifexmedia62
    Participant

Hello,

When searching in the search form for “fiets”, you will get some results. The first result is a post but your plugin thinks it is a taxonomy term related to cat_post. Why is that? And can you please tell me how to fix it?

The front-end searchs results page does not have that issue.
    I tried finding anything related to this but the settings page is so advanced I cannot find anything that could wrongly set permalinks (?) to results.

Thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I suspect this might be related to something with WPML as well, since the result URL is perfectly fine on the back-end, and is actually requested from WordPress core, so it should be always correct.

First, please update the plugin to the latest release, to make sure this is not something that had been fixed before (version 4.20.4).
    Then, pelase make sure to check these WPML compatibility fixes.

If nothing happens, then please add temporary FTP access as well, I will check the source for possible issues.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

artifexmedia62
    artifexmedia62
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks!

Turns out it is actually WPML causing the problems, but I don’t know why. Wer are using the wpml_permalink hook to properly request the translation links, yet it does not work as it should, it returns gibberish with no reason. This is actually not the first time we are having issues with it, in fact this is now at least the 10th solution we had to implement.

Anyways, I have made yet another “bypass” to maybe resolve this issue as well. I really hope this is going to work now as it should by default. Let me know if it seems okay and I will push this to the upcoming release 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

artifexmedia62
    artifexmedia62
    Participant

Hey Ernest,

Wow, thank you, you are so quick! I’d love to see it in the new push indeed to keep it working as it is
    Thanks a lot – please send me a page to leave a review as well – it indeed works.

Did you ever contact WPML about this issue?
    I have sent many tickets there are well with issues but they never seem to really catch up on them, haha

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.