Yielding Results on Certain Exact Terms for a Product

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Yielding Results on Certain Exact Terms for a Product

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Craig DeStefano
    Ckdestef
    Participant

Hello,

I really appreciate your product which I just renewed support for to help resolve a specific need I have. Basically, I need to yield results on certain exact terms for a product. I have provided a more detailed description of what I am trying to do and what I have already tested. I have also set you up as an admin.

Thanks! Craig
    [email protected]

https://www.evernote.com/l/AF4a4MMF9ORKQY_GYRtMXWihWQCO0xYKi1k

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details, it helps me a lot.

Basically, what you need is to change the keyword logic to ‘AND with exact keyword matches’, and I am pretty sure it will do the trick.
    This logic will only match indexed keywords, when the whole word entered is strictly matching the indexed keyword.

Also, both methods you used for storing the additional keywords (search meta box and the product attributes) are perfectly fine. I recommend using only one of them, as they are redundant. Maybe using the product attributes field, if you have any other plans with them, otherwise the meta box is fine.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Craig DeStefano
    Ckdestef
    Participant

You are a rock star! That worked perfectly. BTW your product is awesome and has been an amazing resource for our site. Great job.

Craig

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Craig DeStefano
    Ckdestef
    Participant

Just gave you a 5-star and a rave review : )

Thanks!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Yielding Results on Certain Exact Terms for a Product’ is closed to new replies.