search by categories, and search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support search by categories, and search results

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    brachi
    brachi
    Participant

Hi, I purchased the plugin, and I have 2 issues with it.
    1. need a search by categories – not a free search- I want to filter by categories, so that instead of the usual search bar there will be a check list with the necessary categories, and it will be possible to click on the category and get everything associated with it in the results.
    2.Display search results- I use Elementor Pro, Post Widget. Usually the results come back post widget, but sometimes I get results without the design of the posts. It looks very ugly. What can be done with it?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. To use category filters, please check this documentation, it should explain everything you need to know.

2. Can you please share a direct link to the page where this setup is used? Also, let me know what search phrases I should try, which does not work and break the layout.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

brachi
    brachi
    Participant

link to the direct page: https://wordpress-776098-2927456.cloudwaysapps.com/%d7%9e%d7%a8%d7%a4%d7%90%d7%95%d7%aa/

search phrases: vipet
    Any search that has only one result returns broken

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I just tested, but it look all right to me: https://i.imgur.com/PADaXDU.png
    Does yours have different output, or is there anything wrong with that output?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

brachi
    brachi
    Participant

Hi, I followed the instructions, and the categories are not shown to me.
    Is there anything else that can be done?
    In addition, I try to design the search form, but the changes are not displayed, except for changing the size of a field, which you do see.
    I’m starting to think that maybe this plugin is not suitable for my site.

brachi
    brachi
    Participant

In addition, I am uploading a picture of the search result.
    It shouldn’t be like that, the posts should be displayed in their normal form!
    Sometimes they are displayed properly and sometimes they are displayed as in the picture

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That is definitely not something caused by the plugin. For the same search phrase always the same piece of code is executed, and it will produce the same results.

Do you have any browser extensions active by any chance, which may affect the page layout? Something like adblockers or similar. In very rare cases broken extensions caused such issues.
    You should also try a different browser, just in case there is something wrong with that.

I tried to test, but I can’t see the plugin on the page anymore. Can you please let me know where I can replicate this issue? I am more than happy to help, but I need to know how to reproduce the problem to be able to help.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Forgot to mention, if you think that the plugin is not suited for you, you can always apply for a refund.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.