Ajax Error Message

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    statusstay04
    statusstay04
    Participant

Hello,

I’m still having issues with this: “receiving an error message sometimes when I search (attached) – response data is missing from AJAX request.”

You had previously said: “Does the issue happen randomly or to a specific search phrase?
    If it happens randomly, then it could indicate a temporary server outage, or the server is throttling the processes. If it happens ot specific search phrases only, then it can be a malformed .htaccess configuration or an unkown bug yet.”

Here’s the original ticket: https://wp-dreams.com/forums/topic/search-results-exact-match/

Is there a solution for this? It’s certainly an issue to get an error message for the main feature of the site.

Thank you,
    Lisa

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

If the error messages are random, then it is most likely a server related issue – likely a shared hosting throttling (if your are on a shared host), or low memory or something in relation to those. If it was a plugin related problem, it would be possible to replicate it 100 out of 100 times. There is unfortunately nothing I can do to prevent issues with the underlying architecture.

The good news is, that we are preparing a new release, where this error message no longer appears. Instead, the search will gracefully stop. It will not fix the underlying issue, but at least the warning message goes away, making the temporary problem unnoticable for users.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.