Search Results: Exact Match

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Results: Exact Match

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    statusstay04
    statusstay04
    Participant

Hi,

I have 2 different challenges I’m looking for solutions for:

1) Exact match. I don’t have exact match turned on. If I type in JW Marriott, results populate:
    https://statusstay.com/?s=jw+marriott&asp_active=1&p_asid=5&p_asp_data=1&current_page_id=487&qtranslate_lang=0&filters_changed=0&filters_initial=1&asp_gen%5B%5D=title&asp_gen%5B%5D=content&asp_gen%5B%5D=excerpt&customset%5B%5D=hotel

If I type in J.W. Marriott, no results populate:
    https://statusstay.com/?s=J.W.+Marriott&asp_active=1&p_asid=5&p_asp_data=1&current_page_id=487&qtranslate_lang=0&filters_changed=0&filters_initial=1&asp_gen%5B%5D=title&asp_gen%5B%5D=content&asp_gen%5B%5D=excerpt&customset%5B%5D=hotel

I need to solve for this.

2) I have a map on my site, and I need each country to link to the search results only for that country. However, If you type in India, for example, Indianapolis also comes up:
    https://statusstay.com/?s=India&asp_active=1&p_asid=5&p_asp_data=1&current_page_id=487&qtranslate_lang=0&filters_changed=0&filters_initial=1&asp_gen%5B%5D=title&asp_gen%5B%5D=content&asp_gen%5B%5D=excerpt&customset%5B%5D=hotel

Even if I change search to ‘India’, many of the India results come up first, but then Indianapolis still shows. I tried creating a new second search engine for exact match, but other results still show. I’ve created each of the countries as a category (i.e. India is a category) but also each of the cities (i.e. Indianapolis is a category too) within each of the pages tagged.

How can I get search results just for a single country so I can link my map to the right locations?

Thank you!
    Lisa

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

I think you are looking for a different keyword logic, and I think there is one that may resolve both issues for you.
    Try changing the keyword logic options exactly like this: https://i.imgur.com/dNGaOob.png

In case 1) the “J.W.” will not match, but the “Mariott” will. In case 2), the keyword has to exactly match, so entering “india” should yield the exactly matching keyword results first, then the indianapolis.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

statusstay04
    statusstay04
    Participant

Thanks! I’m also receiving an error message sometimes when I search (attached) – response data is missing from AJAX request. Why is this and how can we solve it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    statusstay04
    statusstay04
    Participant

Hello, following-up on my last post: I’m also receiving an error message sometimes when I search (attached) – response data is missing from AJAX request. Why is this and how can we solve it?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry about the late response. Does the issue happen randomly or to a specific search phrase?
    If it happens randomly, then it could indicate a temporary server outage, or the server is throttling the processes. If it happens ot specific search phrases only, then it can be a malformed .htaccess configuration or an unkown bug yet.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

statusstay04
    statusstay04
    Participant

I think it’s more likely that it’s random, though will keep my eye on it. If it’s a temporary server outage or the server is throttling the processes, is that through my hosting platform or on your side? What can I do fix this? It’s happened more than once and to multiple people so would like to make sure we can avoid.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Usually shared hosts use throttling, so that only a few PHP processes can be invoked at a short amount of time. I am only guessing though, it can be related to many other things as well – such as memory limit, number of plugins, overall server usage etc..
    If you are using a shared hosting plan, then it is very likely a throttling issue.

You can improve these hits, by turning off the live search trigger, and only enable it during the return key press/magnifier icon click.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

statusstay04
    statusstay04
    Participant

Hello,

When loading my site, you can see that the purple bar behind the search bar on the homepage doesn’t stretch in full until the page loads. My theme developer mentioned I should check with you to disable the auto stretch functionality for the plugin. Can you help with this?

Thank you,
    Lisa

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Lisa,

The plugin does not do that. It is set to a fixed 100% width. I checked your homepage, and stop the page loading, and as you can see, the visual composer section is not properly set initially: https://i.imgur.com/jLENmAN.png
    That whole section is stretched later on, either via javascript or custom CSS. The search just follows the width of that container as it should.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Search Results: Exact Match’ is closed to new replies.