Ajax Search Pro for WordPress need help for our real estate website

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro for WordPress need help for our real estate website

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kinjal
    Kinjal
    Participant

We have purchase ajax search pro plugin from envato and integrated on website, but i wanted to know that can we use search form as tabs with 2 different search form
    For example. we have 2 options Rent and Sell. if someone click on rent, rent search options should open or display and likewise for sell… please help us on the same. this is the main functionality of website as it is real estate website.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure!

Usually themes or theme builders have “tab” or similar builder elements. You could create two search bars and configure them so that the first one shows only the “for rent” and the other one shows the “for buy” items. Then add these search shortcodes to the tab feature of your theme or theme builder.

Depending on how the rent/buy items are marked, you can use results exclusions or inclusions to only allow resulst for the real estate types.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Kinjal
    Kinjal
    Participant

Hello,

I have setup the search option in home page -https://ghar.b-d.studio/
    but when we click on search, results are coming as blog template i wanted to change block design as below link – https://ghar.b-d.studio/advanced-search/

I have tried to create another page and setup but it’s coming blank on results page. please help me how can i show results in such designs with proper results?

Thanks and Regards
    Kinjal Jethva

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by Kinjal Kinjal.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Kinjal,

The layout of the results page is up to the page itself. The plugin redirects to the results page, but how that looks depends on the theme. The advanced search page seems to be a custom built template of some sort. Check the theme settings, there is probably a way to change the results page layout as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Kinjal
    Kinjal
    Participant

Hello,

But in the search plugin there is option to add custom URL right?, we have created another page as result page and then we click on search it shows blank page. No results shows up.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes – but that does not mean WordPress will convert that page to a results page. WordPress has it’s “results page archive” handler, and it is triggered whenever the “?s=” query argument is triggered by default. That automatically calls the proper theme layout file and prints whatever is in the results loop. A custom page is only a custom page, it will not become the results page, WordPress will not recognize that. The best way to get around it is to simply make changes to the actual results page template.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Kinjal
    Kinjal
    Participant

Hello,

I have setup search by developer in my website but if i am searching by developer it’s not working can you please check?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure!

The property_agent field seems to be a reference field to developer posts, so I have added a custom code snippet to transform the values to the developer post titles for the index (the code is in the child theme functions.php):

add_filter( 'asp_post_custom_field_before_tokenize', 'asp_change_cf_index', 10, 3 );
    function asp_change_cf_index( $values, $post, $field ) {
        if ( $field == 'property_agent' ) {
            $id = get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'property_agent', true);
    		if ( !is_wp_error($id) ) {
    			$values = array( get_the_title( $id ) );
    		}
        }

return $values;
    }

Now searching by developer should very likely return results for the properties.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Kinjal
    Kinjal
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks it’s done.

But in home page search form rent search bar is automatic disabled can you tell me how this happened?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome!

It is not disabled, but the font may have been changed to a white color, please check it here: https://i.imgur.com/4d7G4ju.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Kinjal
    Kinjal
    Participant

Okay thank you for your help,

I need 1 more help that is i wanted to add property pricing in dropdown and if i am adding as dropdown it’s not looking good as it shows only numbers there is no option to add currency symbol or CR and anything to add as per my pricing details. Client doesn’t like range slider. how can i setup dropdown in proper way.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure!

The drop-downs are designed for text inputs, but you can probably get around it by manually entering the values with the formatting like so:

||Select**
    1000||$1,000
    10000||$10,000
    100000||$100,000
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Kinjal
    Kinjal
    Participant

Noted,

But can we put values like

₹ 7500000 – ₹10000000
    ₹15000000 – ₹20000000

Like this in dropdown?

Kinjal
    Kinjal
    Participant

And If i am adding price 1cr or below 1 cr search shows no result but in the properties i have added properties with 75 lakh . please check.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Range values will not work that way, dropdowns are comparing for ranges, but for individual values. For that you should try creating two separate drop-downs, one for the “from” and the other for the “to” price, and set numeric operators.

There is also a “number range” filter type, which allows inputting only numeric values: https://i.imgur.com/qNfThgd.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.