Custom Taxonomy Generated in Pods Framework

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Custom Taxonomy Generated in Pods Framework

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Skillsrenew
    Skillsrenew
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It was simply because you have 2 taxonomy based filters set, and by default the filters are connected by an AND logic and all of the selections must match. But, in your case there are no items assigned to any of the terms in the best_academic_gpa taxonomy, therefore even if the resume type is matching, the best_academic_gpa is not. There are two ways to resolve this:

Solution 1
    You can enable the option Show posts/CPM with empty taxonomy terms? so that resumes that does not have the best_academic_gpa taxonomy assigned, will still show up: https://i.imgur.com/k8G8wBC.png

This will also result in displaying items that have no assignment to any of the displayed taxonomy terms.

Solution 2
    Changing the filters logic as following: https://i.imgur.com/AcLYhe7.png

This will result in displaying items that match at least one of the selection from the filter boxes, but it does not matter which one.

You can revert the changes from solution 1 or 2 once you assign the items properly to the best_academic_gpa taxonomy.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Skillsrenew
    Skillsrenew
    Participant

Really appreciate your promptness. Will try and revert.

Thanks

Skillsrenew
    Skillsrenew
    Participant

Many thanks Ernest. Your suggested solutions work just fine. You also saved a lot of our time.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,

Skillsrenew
    Skillsrenew
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Somehow, the ‘AND’ logic is not functioning correctly in Frontend Settings, ‘Logic Between taxonomy groups’. We also tried to have ‘Primary’ as well as ‘Secondary’ search in General Options to ‘AND’ logic, still, it doesn’t work.

For.e.g. When we go on further refining search options, the no. of results need to come down. Hence, we are trying to work with ‘AND’ logic, but it’s not working. By selecting AND logic, it just shows ‘No Results’.

For instance, we have 6 Interns (which it shows correctly, upon selecting Interns in Resume Type). Further, we have 1 intern, who has 7.5 – 9.0 GPA (which again it shows correctly, when selected individually). Now, when we combine search results from two taxonomies, by selecting Intern from Resume Type and 7.5 – 9.0 GPA option from Best Academic GPA, the search result should show only 1 result. This is normal course of refining search results further.

Kindly suggest. We know our queries have been doing many rounds and apologies for that.

Best Regards,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

..by selecting Intern from Resume Type and 7.5 – 9.0 GPA option from Best Academic GPA..
    I’ve looked at one of the resumes, namely this one: https://www.skillquarter.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=1647&action=edit
    It also has two terms selected in the Achievements (Intern/ Fresher) taxonomy: https://i.imgur.com/rPv8TOp.png

If you don’t select those two terms in the search, it will not be returned – because an unchecked checkbox basically explicitly tells the plugin, that ‘anything that does not match that’. And because choosing only the ‘Intern’ resume type and the ‘7.5 – 9.0 GPA’ option matches, not choosing the other two terms means it’s not desired result.

One solution would be to change those checkboxes to ‘checked’ by default, and the user will uncheck the ones not needed.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Skillsrenew
    Skillsrenew
    Participant

Thanks Erwin for the reply.

It might not always be possible for external user to exactly know what options have been made by a particular user, inorder to arrive at his Resume.

Tried the ‘Checkboxes’ open by default and unchecking, inorder to narrow down search results. Yet, no luck.

However, one suggestion from our side would be to consider this issue in future update if possible.

Many thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Maybe if I would add an option to ‘Ignore filters, where all values are unchecked’ in a future release – so that when nothing is checked within a taxonomy, it would be ignored.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Skillsrenew
    Skillsrenew
    Participant

Thanks for recognizing customer feedback. Excellent Professionalism. Wish you luck with making an already great Plugin, still better….

Best Regards,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Just wanted to let you know, that version 4.11.2 has been released, which by default ignores unchecked taxonomy checkboxes, and I have also added an option in case someone wants to disable it: https://i.imgur.com/oaJ14B3.png

This is very likely what you are looking for.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Skillsrenew
    Skillsrenew
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Excellent! Many thanks for this. We will check out this new feature and are sure it would suffice what we were looking for.

Best Regards,

Skillsrenew
    Skillsrenew
    Participant

Thank you very much Ernest. You have just upgraded your plugin to fulfil very essential requirements. All problems resolved.

Thanks again and Best Regards,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Custom Taxonomy Generated in Pods Framework’ is closed to new replies.