Execute shortcoes and tablepress

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Execute shortcoes and tablepress

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

Hi, when creating index table got 500 internal server error. I’ve disabled to execute shortcoes and it’s fine.
    My question if tablepress data will be indexed if this option (execute shortcoes) is disabled?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m not sure about that to be honest. I believe all tablepress information is stored within the shortcode. But I think it’s probably not the tablepress shortcode causing the issue there, I recall testing it just a few days ago, and it worked okay.

There is a Remove these shortcodes options box right below the execute shortcodes option: https://i.imgur.com/7NPtr7D.png
    If you use any other shortcodes, try adding them there (just the shortcode name, not the carets, comma separated). These can include WooCommerce related shortcodes, page builder shortcodes or whatever you can find.
    After that, save the options and try again, hopefully it will do the trick.

If it does not, then feel free to add temporary FTP and back-end details, and I will try to do a debugging through the indexing code to see where it might fail.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Also, I forgot, reducing the post limit iteration can also help, if the issue is related to a server overload: https://i.imgur.com/cFZuoz7.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

Hi Ernest, I have changed search engine for regular as while index table was enabled I did get any search results. I still don’t get any data frpm tablepress tables.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

That is because the regular engine searches the posts database, which only contains the shortcode to the tables, but not the tables content. Only the index table is capable of getting the shortcodes contents, because WordPress does not store that. The reason you didn’t get results with it, was probably a misconfiguration.

Please consider my suggestions, they might help you resolving the problem.
    Also, feel free to add FTP and log-in details, and I will take a look at the issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes, it is. But I always recommend adding temporary accounts only, to be most secure.
    I also always recommend to do a full site back-up, just in case anything goes wrong.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant
    multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have tracked down the problematic shortcodes, and was able to index everything needed: https://i.imgur.com/Hn5Ju25.png
    I also enabled the index table engine, now it’s returning results.

For CSV and performance questions, please check the other topics.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

On the individual search instances you can exclude content by categories, on the Advanced Options -> Exclude results panel.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

Thank you Ernest. There’s such option. I’ve excluded and included some taxonomies but this option doesn’t work. Why?
    Is this also possible for table index? Maybe it would be better for performance to exclude it from table index?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by multi_med multi_med.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The options should work with the index table as well as the regular engine. If you want, you can add temporary back-end details and I will check it out.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Execute shortcoes and tablepress’ is closed to new replies.