Execute shortcoes and tablepress

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Execute shortcoes and tablepress

This topic contains 28 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

Hi Ernest, will you take a look at my issue? Thanks.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Will do of course. Please allow me up to 48 hours to respond, unfortunately I have to handle all tickets by myself 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Okay, I’ve taken a quick look and I think I see the problem here.

You basically try to exclude every taxonomy term related to staff, like so: https://i.imgur.com/ER18DY7.png
    ..and as well as you exclude the whole ‘choroby’ taxonomy, which is related to attachments only, which is not even selected to be returned: https://i.imgur.com/5jiggwi.png

But instead of that, why not simply not select the staff custom post type in the General Options -> Sources panel? https://i.imgur.com/kDuEr0K.png
    That is equivalent to excluding every post from every category related to staff. Excluding a whole taxonomy does not really make sense, because it simply means that you want to exclude the whole custom post type, which is a lot faster. I would rather recommend doing that.

The same is true for the inclusions by taxonomy terms. I would recommend using these options to refine the search, once you have the correct post types selected. Excluding or including a whole taxonomy is basically excluding or including the whole post type.
    I would recommend first checking which post types do you want to see in results, and configuring that on the General Options -> Sources panel. Then after that, excluding a taxonomy terms if that is neccessary.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

Hi, I think this is not what I want.
    I want not to search in:
    1. one of category which is “aktualnosci”
    2. some of terms in “badania” taxonomy (which I’ve excluded).

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by multi_med multi_med.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

But the exclusions have higher priority than the inclusions. So if you exclude everything from a taxonomy, then include one term from it, still the exlusion will be effective.

If you only want to search some terms in “badania” taxonomy, then simply either exclude the ones you don’t need, or include the ones you need – but not both. It is unneccessary to both exclude and include terms from the same taxonomy, it is much faster as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Your configuration is correct now actually, but I have found a possible issue, which is related to a specific configuration in the new versions.
    I have disabled this option: https://i.imgur.com/8EoEpPA.png
    It seems like that it solved the issue, the items now does not appear in the list.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

Thanks. Just checking.
    One more question: if I have more excludes than includes is it better for performance to use includes insead of excludes option or it doesn’t matter?

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

I’ve just tested it. I can’t make neither exclude or include part of taxonomy. After saving it’s gone.
    Check taxonomy attachement – badania. I can drag some part of this taxonomy but it can’t be saved.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I recommend using the option, where you need to input the least values – their performance is equivalent. If you have more things to exclude than to include, then use the inclusion istead, and vice versa.
    However I don’t recommend including or excluding too many items, it can decrease the performance greatly. These options are to refine the search by bits.

The term issue is interesting, as some terms are printed correctly some are not. I’ve looked up the code in that section on my local server, it uses the get_term() internal WordPress function to display the terms after saving – for some reason it returns an error or a non-existent term in your case, so it’s not visible after saving. Feel free to add temporary FTP access and I will look at that section of the code on why that is failing.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

Ok. So I have included terms only. I can’t right now make FTP access. Can you check it without it?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Unfortunately I can’t 🙁 I only need it to see why the get_term() function does not return the taxonomy term correctly. The only way is to directly modify the code.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

multi_med
    multi_med
    Participant

Hi, is it ok if you have access only to Ajax Search Pro catalogue on FTP?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Execute shortcoes and tablepress’ is closed to new replies.