Help to display results with widget elementor posts

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Help to display results with widget elementor posts

This topic contains 33 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are very welcome, I will add this change to the next patch for sure.

We can continue here, no need to open a new topic, it is fine 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

domi
    domi
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

Regarding the French translation (and it doesn’t matter the language), I used the Locotranslate plugin.

The first problem is that when I move the file outside the Ajax Search Pro directory to choose another directory, the translation is not taken into consideration. This means that the next time I update Ajax Search Pro, the French translation will be lost.

On the other hand with other plugins like Elementor for example, the translation is well taken into consideration when you move the Po file in a folder under the Locotranslate directory.

I will attach screenshots to show the problem. A first screenshot with the elementor plugin (elementor.jpg). You can see that the file is in a custom location and will not be overwritten when Elementor is updated.

A second screenshot with Ajax Search Pro (Asp.jpg). The translation will be lost in the next update of the plugin. If the Po file is moved to a folder in the Locotranslate plugin, the translation is preserved and when updating the plugin, you just have to synchronize the files with each other in LocoTranslate to add the potential new sentences of the update.

The second problem is that some sentences do not appear in the Po file, which prevents the translation. In my next post, I will compile a Rar file with all the screenshots where the problem appears.

Then, if it can be corrected, I will finalize the most accurate translation possible with the meaning of the sentences according to the context and I will send you the Po file in French.

Does this work plan suit you?

Best regards.

Domi

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by domi .
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, I understand.

I suspect there might be something wrong with the translation file. It is generated via Poedit, and I suspect something might be missing there. I did a few tests, and re-generated the original POT file with wp-cli instead. I will try to automate this process for each build.

Can you try this attached POT file instead of the original one? It should resolve the problem, as it is generated specifically via wp-cli.

Attachments:
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

domi
    domi
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

I placed your file in the Ajax Search pro plugin folder and synchronized with the French file in locotranslate.

The problem remains the same, I attach two screenshots, in the custom directory not to overwrite the file at the next update, it does not work.

On the other hand in the Ajax Search Pro plugin directory, it works normally.

I hope I have applied the procedure correctly, if not tell me how I should proceed 🙂

I will send you this week end, the screenshots concerning the channels that are not considered in the current state.

Best.

Domi

Attachments:
    domi
    domi
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you, I will check all of these before the next patch, and include everything I can.

I don’t know about the translation file malfunction though. Plugins do not actually enqueue or “fetch” the translation files. WordPress loads these, and then the strings are sent to the WordPress core _e() or __() functions.

If Loco indeed loads the file, then the only thing I can imagine is that the translation domain is incorrect int the .po translation file and WorPress somehow does not recognize it. Can you check your french translation file for the x-domain meta: https://i.imgur.com/1aju3AM.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

domi
    domi
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

Here is the header of the file you asked for. It is the French .po file:

# Blank WordPress Pot
    # Copyright 2014 ...
    # This file is distributed under the GNU General Public License v3 or later.
    msgid ""
    msgstr ""
    "Project-Id-Version: Blank WordPress Pot v1.0.0\n"
    "Report-Msgid-Bugs-To: Translator Name <[email protected]>\n"
    "POT-Creation-Date: 2022-07-01 16:05+0200\n"
    "PO-Revision-Date: 2022-08-06 04:19+0000\n"
    "Last-Translator: \n"
    "Language-Team: Français\n"
    "Language: fr_FR\n"
    "MIME-Version: 1.0\n"
    "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n"
    "Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit\n"
    "Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=n > 1;\n"
    "X-Textdomain-Support: yesX-Generator: Poedit 1.6.4\n"
    "X-Poedit-SourceCharset: UTF-8\n"
    "X-Poedit-KeywordsList: __;_e;esc_html_e;esc_html_x:1,2c;esc_html__;"
    "esc_attr_e;esc_attr_x:1,2c;esc_attr__;_ex:1,2c;_nx:4c,1,2;_nx_noop:4c,1,2;_x:"
    "1,2c;_n:1,2;_n_noop:1,2;__ngettext:1,2;__ngettext_noop:1,2;_c,_nc:4c,1,2\n"
    "X-Poedit-Basepath: ..\n"
    "X-Generator: Loco https://localise.biz/\n"
    "X-Poedit-SearchPath-0: .\n"
    "X-Poedit-SearchPathExcluded-0: includes/externals\n"
    "X-Poedit-SearchPathExcluded-1: css\n"
    "X-Poedit-SearchPathExcluded-2: js\n"
    "X-Poedit-SearchPathExcluded-3: languages\n"
    "X-Poedit-SearchPathExcluded-4: img\n"
    "X-Loco-Version: 2.6.2; wp-6.0.1"

I remain at your disposal if you need anything.

Regards.

Domi

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay – that is going to be the problem here. Can you somehow update the translation from the corrected .pot zip file I sent you earlier?
    This seems to have the incorrect old header, missing the x-domain and some other stuff as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

domi
    domi
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

I regret to inform you that this does not work.

Here is the procedure applied:

1 – I copied the correct .pot zip file that you had given as an attachment.
    2 – In locotranslate I created the French language,
    3 – I have re-translated some sentences in this new file,
    4 – I moved the file to the custom directory of locotranslate (so as not to lose the changes at the next update)
    5 – the translation is not taken into consideration.

The translation is taken into consideration if the file is moved in the Ajax Search Pro plugin directory

Finally, the problem remains the same since the beginning.

Sorry for the inconvenience… I even tried to translate it into German to see if the problem was the same and it is absolutely the case.

If you want to test by yourself, you still have access to the site and ftp.

Regards.

Domi

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I have no idea then. I searched all of the documentation about translations, but there is no more information about this anywhere. The translations are automatically managed by wordpress – in this case Locotranslate also does some enqueueing too. The translation was generated via wp-cli, so it must be okay. I cross checked WooCommerce and other popular .pot files, and the headers seem to be very similar, only the plugin name differs.

Accoring to the documentation, you can use the system path to place the .mo files outside the plugin folders, and WordPress will automatically recognize them.
    I tested that by translating the plugin from the original .pot file, generated the new .po and .mo files, moved to the wp-content\languages\plugin\ajax-search-pro-xx_XX.po/mo location. Then I switched the language, and everything worked just fine, the translations worked.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

domi
    domi
    Participant

Good evening Ernest,

I placed the file in the wordpress folder and everything works fine.

I hope that the file will not be overwritten during the next update of WordPress. But at each update I find the translated files so I think it should not be a problem.

I will wait for the next update of the plugin to translate the sentences that can’t be translated for the moment and I will send you the Fr file.

For future updates of the plugin, if new features with new sentences are available, I will also translate them with each new update.

Regards.

Domi

Ps : And thanks for your help and the possibility to translate the new sentences in polylang!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I thank you for your work, the next update should be ready within 2 days, I am already adding the missing translations.
    Hopefully the newly generated translation file will not conflict with the previous one. I will use the official WP CLI tool to do that, to have the best possible compatibility.
    Thank you very much for helping me with all this 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

domi
    domi
    Participant

Good evening Ernest,

Don’t worry, I have saved the fr file just in case. I will translate the new sentences into French and send you the translation. You can include it in the next update.

In the next updates, if new sentences are created, I will also translate them and send them to you.

We’ll stay in touch on this thread for the next steps.

I thank you again for adding the functionality for polylang which allowed me to create only one form for all languages!

Regards

Domi

domi
    domi
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

The French translation will be ready this weekend, I will send it to you at the beginning of next week.

Regards.

Domi

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much Domi, you are awesome.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.