Issues with scroll, highlighter and multilanguage

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Issues with scroll, highlighter and multilanguage

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    gravitemedia79
    gravitemedia79
    Participant

Hi, I still got an issue with scrolling to key word and highlighter, all setting ok on to get this option, you can see on attachements images.

Also got an issue where we are on the french version and search with an english key words, the result appear in both language but if I clic on the english result that redirect me on the image and not on the page in english. You can try beef in the french version to see this issue.

Thanks

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I just checked, but the script reports a plugin version 8 releases before the current one (4.19 vs 4.20.2), please update the plugin to the latest release via the plugin manager. If the plugin is up to date, then clear all layers of cache. Also, please never revert plugin versions from newer to older ones, if you did, then in that case I recommend using a plugin wipe, and then reinstalling the plugin.

I tried to log-in to the back-end to check, but the account has no access to Ajax Search Pro options: https://i.imgur.com/4K9qc65.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

gravitemedia79
    gravitemedia79
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The highlighter did not work, because it was not enable in the first place: https://i.imgur.com/e7t6b3m.png
    I enabled, now it seems to work okay.

The translations didn’t work, the WPML compatibility was also turned off, I re-enabled it: https://i.imgur.com/eRygQEb.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

gravitemedia79
    gravitemedia79
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Is the WPML compatibility enabled on that search bar? It is different from the one on the french site.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

gravitemedia79
    gravitemedia79
    Participant

Yes I turn it ON and still go wrong. The problem is, the search return this slug /product/beef but it suppose to return /en/product/beef.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You had the custom ajax handler enabled: https://i.imgur.com/LpD7Eid.png
    I turned it off, it should be okay now. You can find all WPML compatibility tweaks here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

gravitemedia79
    gravitemedia79
    Participant

All right Thank you very much, that an excelente plugin with a lot oh settings. Now we are All set 🙂

Have a nice day !

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

gravitemedia79
    gravitemedia79
    Participant

Just another question, my customer want to can serch english content on the franch site. Exempl search “Beef” in french site and redirect to english page, is that possible?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes, if you disable the WPML compatibility, then it will search all languages.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

gravitemedia79
    gravitemedia79
    Participant

I Ernest, I disable it, but we have the same trouble like before, the search bar find the page but not with the good URL, he find /product/beef and not /en/product/beef.

Is another option I have to check or uncheck?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I tried to save the WPML options to clear their plugin cache, and I think it helped. Can you check?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

gravitemedia79
    gravitemedia79
    Participant

Ok super that work, can you tell me how you or where you save the WPML options to clear plugin cache ?
    Because now the site is online on nepco.ca, I have to do the same on this site, or you can login here with the same assets.

Thanks 🙂
    Have a nice year!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.