I've activated, but do not update automatically !!

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support I've activated, but do not update automatically !!

This topic contains 27 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by mahmoud mahmoud 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    mahmoud
    mahmoud
    Participant

Please, it is written that the update is automatic, though not updated !!

The second thing, please help, since the last update I have become the search box under the slide show, I want it to be above the slide show, please help me with that ..

And do not forget, I could not update ..

thank you,,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the proper details!

I just checked, and was able to automatically update on the Plugins submenu. For future reference, automatic updates have to be triggered via the plugin manager, WordPress needs confirmation before automatic updates, unfortunately.

I have checked the search position, but it seems like it is probably a theme related issue. If I disable Ajax Search Pro, the default search bar is still under the slider, see: https://i.imgur.com/PL8XFgL.jpg
    This plugin cannot affect that position, it’s related to your theme. You will probably have to change it in the page editor, or maybe within the code.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

mahmoud
    mahmoud
    Participant

ok, thank you very much for your help,,

mahmoud
    mahmoud
    Participant

Another request please ..

The search is slow and I see that there are products that do not appear in the search even though write a word is a sign of it ..

I want the search process to be faster and smarter

Such a site:

https://egypt.souq.com/eg-en/

Thank you,,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The search on that URL is a custom built search engine, which uses an external server to get results. It does not use wordpress either, and probably works on a dedicated server. Since they are not running WordPress, and the search is probably a simple, dedicated process, it’s much faster. Unfortunately it’s not possible to replicate with a WordPress plugin.

The plugin performance can be optimized as described in this documentation: https://wpdreams.gitbooks.io/ajax-search-pro-documentation/content/performance_tuning.html
    I have checked, but for me the search seems very fast, the response time is below 900ms, which is faster than most sites I have seen.

Can you give me an example of which sign does not yield results? I would like to debug it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mahmoud
    mahmoud
    Participant

Now I wrote a word for laptop , showing heaters, water coolers, fans and and .. Please see for yourself ..

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Now I wrote a word for laptop , showing heaters, water coolers, fans and and .

Is that not correct? What else should show up? I don’t see any category or anything else with the ‘laptop’ in name.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mahmoud
    mahmoud
    Participant

Yes Yes, this is what appears in the bottom drag list

But I speak after you type the word and then press Inter

Write down what you’re looking for, then click Inter, and then see for yourself what opens.

By the way, thank you for your search box search and make it above the slide show ..

thank you very much..

mahmoud
    mahmoud
    Participant

What? I’ve just been down again!

mahmoud
    mahmoud
    Participant

Mr. Where did you go?

Has anything happened?

I hope you are fine?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’m sorry, I have missed your ticket by accident, I had a mailbox issue.

I believe you are looking for the search override option: https://wpdreams.gitbooks.io/ajax-search-pro-documentation/content/behavior/results-page-override.html

This option will make sure that the items are same after the redirection when clicking on the search icon, or hittin the enter button.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mahmoud
    mahmoud
    Participant

I have done what you say .. and nothing new ..

Please write any word in the search engine and then click Inter .. Then see the result .. !!

The other request: You two days ago made the search box on the slide Show, but returned again under it, please try to bring it back again ..

thank you,,

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

There seems to be an issue with the results page, no matter what I search for, these items are always displayed: https://i.imgur.com/hxgLqcT.png

For example try this searching ‘asdasdasdasd’, or this URL: http://zas-store.com/?s=asdasdasdasdasd&post_type=product
    On this URL the Ajax Search Pro search override is not active, it displays the default WooCommerce results page.

The actual search results are displayed below those items. Also, I believe there might be a custom query active within the template to display the results, which is not possible to override. If you want I can take a look. Can you please check the FTP details? Those seem to be incorrect.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

mahmoud
    mahmoud
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    mahmoud
    mahmoud
    Participant

Please do not lose my ticket..

i’m waiting your solution..

search page result + search box position

thank you,,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.