plugin not working after saving tabs

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support plugin not working after saving tabs

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    rel
    rel
    Participant

I am running the plugin on a localhost install, I have tried all the troubleshooting suggestions and i am receiving any errors. However When i create a search form and click on the cog to configure it and make changes and click save all tabs or even save tabs it reloads the tabs but the content in the tabs is not displaying on the tab header, when i reload the page the changes are not saved. Please get back to me with a resolution it is important.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Have you tried anything to resolve this issue? There are a few steps described in this knowledge base article, which might help you locate the source of the problem.

These types of issues are usually (not always) related to 3rd party plugin malfunctions or theme issues. It’s impossible to tell however without seeing the problem. Can you please provide temporary log-in and FTP access to your test environment where I can check and debug the issue?
    It will help me to locate and possibly fix the issue as soon as possible. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

rel
    rel
    Participant

Hello Ernest.

I am currently working on a local install, I even created a fresh wordpress install and added the plugin by itself. is this the latest version of the plugin? Also I installed the light version which when i save i get a Fatal error: Call to undefined function ctype_digit() in /Applications/AMPPS/www/gemsparkle3/wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-lite/backend/settings/class/type.class.php on line 94 could this be the problem with the pro version as well?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Yes, it’s always the latest version provided on codecanyon.

It is most likely that this error is related to the pro version as well, altough if there is no error message it’s hard to tell. I’ve looked up this error message, and it appears that the ctype library is most likely not enabled in your environment. Similar issue is described within this thread on wordpress.org: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/help-fatal-error-call-to-undefined-function-ctype_digit?replies=3

I highly recommend turning on this library, and other standard libraries as well, as these are used by some of the WordPress core files as well. By default the ctype library is enabled, I believe you can check that somewhere in the server php.ini configuration file. It must be explicitly disabled somewhere (and probably other libraries as well).

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

rel
    rel
    Participant

That Solved the issue, A few more issues arose when i started using the plugin. On the front search end. I have four dropdown but the arrows are not displaying on the right hand side like it does in the preview. It is important for the arrows to display so the user knows it is a drop down. Also I have a custom post type labelled stones. This is where i would like to the plugin to search specifically custom fields. Is there a way I could do a range for example for Carat Size. it starts from 0.18-10.99 I tried to create a range slider and a slider for this but it would not display.

rel
    rel
    Participant

Hello Please answer, I have purchase the plugin but I am not receiving any support from you. I also have a few questions which I would like to as you.

On the front search end. I have four dropdown but the arrows are not displaying on the right hand side like it does in the preview. It is important for the arrows to display so the user knows it is a drop down. Also I have a custom post type labelled stones. This is where i would like to the plugin to search specifically custom fields. Is there a way I could do a range for example for Carat Size. it starts from 0.18-10.99 I tried to create a range slider and a slider for this but it would not display.

Also could i have my posts in a table and have the ajax work at the same time? or do I need to follow you templates for the search results? please answer me as quick as possible it is a pressing issue.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sorry about the late response, I have probably missed your ticket by accident.

Is the drop down completely missing or is there the box but the icon is missing? It’s most likely a stylesheet issue or a 3rd party plugin/theme style is overriding it, but it’s impossible to tell unless I see it. Can you provide an URL and access details where I can check this problem?

Let me check if there is any way possible to allow decimals in the range slider somehow. The script might not support it, I’m not sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m not sure I understand the table issue correctly. If you mean like redirecting results to the default results page and keeping the ajax functionality, then it’s possible. You can enable override and redirection – so events like hitting enter or the search icon redirects the user to the default search results page.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

rel
    rel
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

I am using the plugin for a diamond inventory website. I would like for the user to search cut, clarity, color, and carat the carat must be a slider. I am not able to have the results show for the carat the carats are measured in decimals, ho who i go about this. I would also like for the results to show in a table form. The slider still is not working not the regular slider or range slider. This plugin is extremely buggy and is not working I am also receiving this error in my chrome developer tools.

VM604:5 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token , in JSON at position 87(anonymous function) @ jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope.min.js?ver=4.8.4:8o.extend.each @ jquery.min.js?ver=2.1.0:2o.fn.o.each @ jquery.min.js?ver=2.1.0:2u.initNoUIEvents @ jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope.min.js?ver=4.8.4:8u.initEvents @ jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope.min.js?ver=4.8.4:8u.init @ jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope.min.js?ver=4.8.4:8(anonymous function) @ jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope.min.js?ver=4.8.4:8o.extend.each @ jquery.min.js?ver=2.1.0:2o.fn.o.each @ jquery.min.js?ver=2.1.0:2n.fn.(anonymous function) @ jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope.min.js?ver=4.8.4:8(anonymous function) @ jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope.min.js?ver=4.8.4:8o.extend.each @ jquery.min.js?ver=2.1.0:2o.fn.o.each @ jquery.min.js?ver=2.1.0:2window.ASP.initialize @ jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope.min.js?ver=4.8.4:8(anonymous function) @ jquery.ajaxsearchpro-noui-isotope.min.js?ver=4.8.4:8j @ jquery.min.js?ver=2.1.0:2k.fireWith @ jquery.min.js?ver=2.1.0:2o.extend.ready @ jquery.min.js?ver=2.1.0:2I @ jquery.min.js?ver=2.1.0:2

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve found out that the slider script indeed supports decimal filters, and I have already implented it for the upcoming version based on your request, which will be available within 48 hours after testing.

If you have any kind of online test environment I gladly take a look and try to implement a temporary solution to allow decimal filters.

The error message unfortunately does not reveal the source of the issue, as it indicates a parsing error for a JSON structure, can be caused by anything, it’s impossible to tell without actually seeing it. From what I can tell there is something wrong with the JSON data that is parsed by the plugin.
    Since there was a missing ctype library error before, it might prevented loading all the default options, and some of them might be missing for this search instance. Try deleting this search instance and creating a new one instead to make sure the data is in sync with the defaults. If that is the problem, this should solve it.

If I may note: I’ve used AMPPS local server for a good bit, but I had to switch to XAMPP and eventually Vagrant powered test environments. AMPPS is great, but I had the same issues – missing libraries, strange configurations for PHP, MySql – and it became very different from an average hosting environment in terms of configuration, and migrating to the live environment became a nightmare because of the errors. I’ve written an article about transitioning to Vagrant. I’m using this configuration, which is a standard ubuntu LAMP installations, which most servers use nowadays.
    I can also suggest digital ocean as they have very cheap hosting packages (5$/month, and it’s very fast) for testing purposes. It’s unmanaged VPS, much harder to configure, but now they have a one click wordpress package as well – which for testing purposes is more than enough.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

rel
    rel
    Participant

Hello Ernest,

Thank you for your response, how would i Implement a temporary solution to allow decimals? I will creating a live install tonight and i will provide you with a login and username, just the wordpress login should be fine right? also in the admin area when i choose the front end search settings and the meta value, how would i implement the range slider to show in decimals?

rel
    rel
    Participant

Hello Ernest after deleting the form and creating a new one the errors in my developer console disappeared. I am however still having much difficulty getting the decimals in the range slider to work. Please refer to my images attached below. I would like for the slider to start at .18 and end at 10.99 and I would like it to step in increments of .18 but this is not working. I also had a question that I could not find the answer to in the documentation and was wondering if you could answer it for me? Could i possible do ranges in the drop down. for example i have a meta field in my custom post type called color this has single letter values like E , F , Q etc. Could i do something like E-F|| E-F where the search searches all the meta values E & F?

Also could you point me in the direction of getting custom designed result to display?

Thank you for the help, i would just like this to work because I will be purchasing another license as well for another site as well if this works the way i want CHEERS!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thanks, that sceenshot helped me a lot actually. I’ve made a modification where if the step is lower than 1, it automatically switches to 2 decimals. It should be enough in your case as well.

First of all, make sure to have a back-up copy of everything, before you change anything.

Then open up the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/views/asp.shortcode.custom_fields.php file, and replace it’s contents with this: https://gist.github.com/anag0/a375e3e4e48f2a33cce44080bcac039b

This should fix the step and the label decimals as well.

2. request: Well, that is not possible unfortunately. I’ve tried to look for tweaks of whatnot, to maybe somehow allow it, but unfortunately I can’t recommend any short modification to make this happen, I’m sorry.

3. For custom designing consider custom CSS first. If that is not enough, then there is the reults templating available – but be careful not to change up the structure too much (instead add elements), as it may lead to script errors.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

rel
    rel
    Participant

Ernest you are the man, my friend! Thank you stellar service! I was wondering if I update the plugin will this change get over written? Also how would i go about making my own results template, is there a way to do that?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

The decimal stuff is going to be overwritten, but there is going to be a new option to adjust the decimal places instead: https://i.imgur.com/0RdYWf0.png
    All you need to do after update is to change that to 2, and you are set.

Making a brand new template is only possible by heavily modifying the plugin code – both javascript and the template files. As the method described in the results templating article, it’s the most you can do to have the plugin withstand upgrades.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.