Questions about custom search styling

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Questions about custom search styling

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brucetm
    brucetm
    Participant

Hello:

I’m hoping to use your plugin to build a project finder, a custom search page driven by category and tag multi-select buttons which filter article set by topics of user interest.

Here are things I was hoping I could easily accomplish, but can’t yet figure out how, or if they’re possible. I’m hoping you will quickly run through this list and just apply “yes see this section of docs” or “no can’t do this” for each.

1. Can I specify taxonomy elements, such as categories and tags, and restrict search to those as checkboxes or buttons?

2. Can I style the checkboxes?

3. Can I style the checkboxes as buttons?

4. Are there restrictions on buttons? Can I use animated buttons, anything I want, via hooks?

5. Can I use Elementor button widgets as inputs to the search?

6. Can I make buttons a single horizontal row?

7. Can I place buttons above the search box instead of below?

8. Can I use search without search box?

9. Can I arrange buttons in a grid, like https://github.com/nex3z/ToggleButtonGroup ?

10. Can I display the results on a page instead of in the results widget?

11. Can I use the Elementor Pro widgets for display, similar to https://searchandfilter.com/documentation/3rd-party/elementor/ ?  

12. Can I use theme widgets, such as portfolio grid, post grid, for displaying search results?

Thank you!

Bruce

• This topic was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by brucetm brucetm.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. Yes, you can either use the taxonomy term filter, or use hard-restrictions without the filter to include results from specific categories/terms only

2. Yes, you can, here
    3. You can change the layout mode of the filters. Multiselect with search is the closest to a button layout.
    4. The tag buttons in the ‘Multiselect with search’ section are hard-coded via a 3rd party script. I would say it is not impossible, but defintely very hard via custom CSS.
    5. No, at least not without major customizations
    6. If you mean the checkboxes within one single taxonomy filter, it is possible by using custom CSS:

.asp_w fieldset.asp_tax_filter {
        min-width: 100% !important;
        width: 100% !important;
    }

.asp_tax_filter .asp_option {
        float: left;
        margin-left: 10px !important;
    }

7. If you mean the filter, then yes. Using the settings shortcode. Place this shortcode above the search shortcode above the search shortcode.

8. Yes. In that case, please do not use the settings shortcode as suggested above, just the search shortcode, as it will be automatically converted.

9. No

10. You can use the results shorcode to move the results on the same page from below the search bar to somewhere else on the same page.

11. No, I don’t think that will work

12. No, only the wordpress search results page query is designed for the override. Combining multiple plugin elements to interact with each other is usually very difficult, and hard to maintain. If there is a built-in Elementor widget or add-on for this purpose, that might be capable of that, I am not sure.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.