Search is not working properly

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search is not working properly

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    ApprovedVitamins
    ApprovedVitamins
    Participant

Hi there,

Yeah it seems to be an issue with Elementor, which is really odd, has anyone had this issue before or something similiar? Any idea how you could advise?

Im using elementor to create an archive page

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Unfortunately no issues were reported regarding Elementor, maybe they have changed something very recently.
    By the way, is that the search results page you are customizing via Elementor, or a different Archive page? Because the plugin has no effect on archive pages, but the core search results page, that is handled by WordPress.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

ApprovedVitamins
    ApprovedVitamins
    Participant

I was wondering can I bypass this issue by using a custom URL? Its really odd that elementor is having this sort of impact, is there anything you can suggest to fix this to make your plugin more important?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Using a cusotm URL will not help, as the search needs to be redirected to the results page. If you want, you can add temporary FTP and back-end details, and I will check on this directly. It is probably a very specific issue, as there are no other reports regarding Elementor related problems.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ApprovedVitamins
    ApprovedVitamins
    Participant

Hi there,

The FTP thing sounds like a good idea, but before that I was wondering I tried to replicate something on a different site for testing purposes.

https://curtains-r-us.co.uk/

If you search on here, is there a reason for why Woocommerce Product Filter by https://codecanyon.net/item/woocommerce-product-filter/8514038

is not reacting well with Ajax search pro? As in the filter doesn’t seem to only pick up based on AJAX Search, and I feel like its how the AJAX search is processing the woocommerce result page? Because if I search for something the product filter isn’t doing adoptive filtering, would that be something to do with the search or is that something to consult with the product filter developer?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You mean combining the two plugins? That is definitely impossible without major custom coding. Both plugins try to override the results on their own. WooCommerce Product filter has a separate search/filter algorithm, as well as this search plugin. It is not possible to pass the arguments from one plugin to another – unles they are coded specifically this way.
    I am not saying it is not possible, but definitely needs major changes probably in both plugins, and a huge amount of work. I am afraid there is no shortcut or custom code that would help in this case.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

ApprovedVitamins
    ApprovedVitamins
    Participant

Hi there,

Thank you for taking your time to explain things. Very helpful.

If you look at:

https://curtains-r-us.co.uk/shop-pro/

1) On this page I placed on the widget area the settings shortcode for Ajax search pro search AND on the page itself I placed [wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro_results id=2 element='div'] shortcode which corresponds to the search.

What I want is to be able to use your AJAX search pro filters like a product filter and whenever a person selects a filter i.e either a radio box or checkbox it will filter instantly and show the products as Woocommerce Archive? So basically like a product filter, is that something possible or is the front end settings only shows results as drop down?

Is there anything in settings I can do to make it work such way?

2) Also, does your plugin able to search products based on User Meta? So for example I have a user meta called _vendor_city and it contains cities of different vendors who have different products. I want to be able to when a person for example selects a city it will only show PRODUCTS from the vendor from the selected city is that possible?

To clarify on number one on the shop page there are theme filters, I want the AJAX search front end setting to work in a similiar fashion if that helps to clarify.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. You could try the following configuration to get as close as possible:
    – Change the settings display position to ‘block’ instead of hover
    – Maybe try an ‘isotopic’ theme, those usually look better for these purposes and have a pagination, like this example
    This is I believe as close as it gets.

2. Well not products (or post types) unfortunately. Searching users by user meta is possible though.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.