Search No Longer Works

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    albert71
    albert71
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. That is probably due to a min-width attribute, which is set to 200px. It is added in the lite version too, but it probably did not apply. You can disable it via this custom CSS:

div.asp_m {
        min-width: unset !important;
    }

Then set the search width back to the default 100%, and then the builder width will apply.

2. It looks like the results page? I’m afraid that is not caused by the plugin, it can not affect the layout of that page, nor what exactly is printed there. You may need to check the theme settings.

3. You can exclude items here.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

albert71
    albert71
    Participant

Thanks, Ernest. The plugin is harder to use than expected so your help is appreciated.

1. I’ve yet to try the custom CSS.

2. Not the layout. As shown in my image, words like “round” and “thin” appear at the start of some search results. How do I exclude prevent such and other words from appearing in the results?

3. The Home page often shows up in the search results so we want to exclude the Home page: anglican.org.sg/
    I went to Exclude/Include results and added the Page ID of the Home page. Now Home is not visible in the drop-down results but it still appears when clicking on “More results”.

Blessings
    Albert

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Albert,

2. Can I see this somewhere? I tried to visit the URL you provided, but it does not seem to work. Can you check that?

3. Okay, that might mean, that the search results override feature was disabled, make sure to check if it is enabled.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

albert71
    albert71
    Participant

Thanks Ernest.

https://anglican.org.sg

1. You can try by typing “missions” in the search box and you’ll see 3 results with the first word as “round”.
    If you enter “round”, it will say “no results”.

=> “round” is almost always in the results, sometimes “thin”.

2. How do I change the colours of the drop down results’ text? They are currently blue and red.

Blessings
    Albert

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

1. Okay, that looks like an actual SVG icon with a title tag, which translates to this text in the results. Please switch to the Pro version, and try this configuration: https://i.imgur.com/r0xDBhT.png
    That should exclude the SVG tag from executing, and remove the unwanted text.

2. That is only possible in the PRO version here: https://i.imgur.com/ueDmFn4.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.