Search plugin scrambled in IE, works in Chrome

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search plugin scrambled in IE, works in Chrome

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Tobias Tobias 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Tobias
    Tobias
    Participant

one question upfront: is there a setting already to set the font used inside the search results panel?

Good job!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Changing the font settings on the typography panel should do the trick. Attached a screenshot of it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Tobias
    Tobias
    Participant

works perfectly!
    How can I add other Google fonts that are not listed in your dropdown?

I noticed one strange thing: depending on the theme selected, depending on browser the default theme is selected instead. I used “Metro white blue” which will show a default theme on Chrome and IE10/11.

Will there be an opportunity to choose other colors for metro style? I love the style and would like to adjust it to the colors used on site.

Your plugin is going to be awesome!

Tobias
    Tobias
    Participant

oh and it would be terrific if the search results included the rating applied to an article, much like google results 🙂 Would that be feasible?

Tobias
    Tobias
    Participant

and I just noticed that the search results do not include the excerpt, just title and data/author. I turned that on in settings though…

Tobias
    Tobias
    Participant

the display of default theme was (again) a caching issue. Sorry for that. It’s hard to manage the caching of cloudflare plus individual browser caching… 8-/ 😉

Tobias
    Tobias
    Participant

I am deeply impressed.

I worked my way through the multitude of options, solved all my problems, and am absolutely impressed by your widget.

Thank you for putting so much passion, love and professionalism into it as well as so well crafted customization options.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much! I was just about to answer your questions, but I thought I wait a bit to see if you can figure it out. Thank you for the feedback and the kind words, I’m trying my best. I hope I can release the final version very soon!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Tobias
    Tobias
    Participant

I am sure you will be very successful with it. I have not yet seen anything that comes close to it.

I can see the tons of work you invested. Looking forward to your final version! Thanks for sharing the beta with me. Made my day!

Tobias
    Tobias
    Participant

Hope you arrived well in 2014!

I did a lot of testing, and overall I really like V2. Here are some issues I see:
    On iPad, the search box is doing nothing – dysfunctional.
    Also, when analyzing load times, your plugin calls admin-ajax on every page load and delays the finishing of loading by 1-2 seconds.
    Do you maybe have a code refresh for me?

Thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

A quick question, can you tell me what type of iPad are you using with which ios version?

I only have an iphone 5 and it works fine for me, but it seems like I need to buy an iPad as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Tobias
    Tobias
    Participant

I am using an Ipad3 with IOS6.0.1
    But guess what, the problem seems to be resolved, I just checked just to find it working. It looks like we had a quoting problem in one of our scripts, and once we fixed this, the search worked as well.
    So this one was on my side I suppose.
    Thanks for looking into this.
    Do you have an estimate on when your 2.0 will be officially released?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.