Service Location

This topic contains 20 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Alex Meda Alex Meda 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Hi,
    In this new project, I would really like you to help me overcome this new challenge that I’ve been doing my best to achieve during the last 2 weeks.

Well, as a matter of fact, I implemented 3 options of location for users to locate their service using a “post form”. And I want only the chosen location option information to be displayed in “ASP Results Content”. You’ll find more details in the following video.
    Please Click Here
    Thanks a lot for your time πŸ™‚

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The configuration seems to be okay, that field should not be showing. I suspect, that there are probably whitespace characters of some sort in the field, and it is then still considered as “filled”, so it is displayed.

I cannot confirm that only by video, so if you can provide temporary FTP and back-end access, I will be able to check.

If not, well, then this is going to be very hard to debug, but you can try this change, in case it helps:
    1. Make a back-up of your server files, just in case
    2. Open up the wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/search/class-asp-search-cpt.php file on your server
    3. Replace it’s contents with this
    4. Save the file
    If there was whitespace in the contents, then this change will help.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks!

The problem is caused by this custom code: https://i.imgur.com/A6hicbG.png
    It is adding another line of “location” but from a different custom field. I added a few lines to to check for empty values, to help you out with that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Hi πŸ™‚
    Thanks for the details…However I wanted to check out your work by creating some other custom posts in order to see if things were working properly with the search results as requested. And unfortunately I haven’t been able to create a post as a subscriber, I mean I have to login in as an administrator in order to create a post. Because the post form doesn’t display for subscriber user role anymore.

My request for you is to double-check your code in order make sure that the issue isn’t caused by your code. I suggest you just “cut-paste” your code in another file aside you and use the following test account user( user role: Subscriber) login details to create a post. On the menu just click on the button “Post a Service” If the post form still doesn’t show up then it’s not your code.

Thank you for confirming me this please.

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I tried to disable the code, but nothing has changed on the form. It should not affect it in any way, the issue is somewhere else I’m afraid.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Hi Earnest πŸ™‚
    Thank you for checking this out for me. We recently identified the isssue some where else and we’re working on it. I will let you know once I start creating other posts in order to test the search feature.
    Have an amazing start of the week, take care πŸ™‚

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant
    Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Hi πŸ™‚
    I hope you are doing good. Are you still there?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sure, sorry I was not able to answer yet.

This is a tough one. I think that using a custom script for this for the front-end search would be the easiest solution. Some sort of an event listener on the location input, and wherever the desired values are selected, hide the other two address inputs (and possibly reset them).
    This may require decent amount of custom coding though. I definitely recommend javascript for this, instead of a back-end (PHP) solution.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Ok thank you so much for the details, I understand πŸ™‚
    But how much time do you think this gonna take you to resolve it ?
    Once again, I really appreciate your tech support.
    Have an amazing weekend and take care πŸ™‚

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, this falls heavily into customization category. We are not available for custom jobs, I am very sorry. You can try looking for custom developers on envato studio perhaps: http://studio.envato.com/

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Hi,
    Thank you for the details but as a matter of, I recently hired the same developer who has once worked on ASP customization(It was about displaying on mobile phone, the filters box as soon as the user starts typing) . So I think he can do it, I just need you to give me some instructions that I will forward him to start with.

Alex Meda
    Alex Meda
    Participant

Hi Ernest πŸ™‚
    Are you still there? I hope you’re doing so well πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.