SUGGESTED SEARCH KEYWORDS come up in results if search is one of those keywords.

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support SUGGESTED SEARCH KEYWORDS come up in results if search is one of those keywords.

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Marilyn Sullivan
    Marilyn Sullivan
    Participant

SUGGESTED SEARCH KEYWORDS come up in results if the search is one of those keywords or keyword phrases, either by typing in the search box the suggested search keyword (or phrase) or choosing from the suggested search keywords by clicking on them, The result is that every page that has the search box on it comes up in a search for those terms because the SUGGESTED SEARCH KEYWORDS are on the search box on all those pages. How to fix. I think it needs to be done on your end. Thank you.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you very much for the details!

That should not happen, because the suggested phrases are only rendered during the page view, those are not stored within the post contents. May I ask which pages should not come up?
    I tried to find pages there the plugin shortcode is used, but I could only see the blog archive. Thank you!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Marilyn Sullivan
    Marilyn Sullivan
    Participant

Good day. Below the search bar input field several suggested search keywords and phrases appear per the setting AUTOCOMPLETE & SUGGESTIONS, SUGGESTED SEARCH KEYWORDS . Sometimes when you search for keywords a page appears in the results ONLY because the search picks up the suggested keyword within the search bar.

The SEARCH BAR appears on RESOURCE pages. Open any RESOURCE page. For instance, type in or choose suggested keyword ARBITRATION, the resource pages HOW TO IDENTIFY DEFENDANTS, etc.., JURISDICTION, VENUE, etc., HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY SUE SOMEONE, etc comes up as part of 30 results. Arbitration is only on these 3 pages in the Search bar AS A SUGGESTED SEARCH KEYWORD.

Also, I have tried innumberable combinations of EXACT PHASE MATCH, and what I have now works really well for what I intend as a user experience. Is this issue due to my using the general search engine (because of EXACT MATCH, not the index engine?

I love your program, UTTERLY BRILLIANT. It is perfect for the person who wants to evaluate 600 possibilities, and I am one of those!

Thank you for your great app and for your attention. Marilyn

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you very much for your kind words!

I found why those keywords are matching, and luckily it is not coming from the suggested keywords as I assumed. I looked at the page content for “JURISDICTION, VENUE AND STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS DETERMINE WHICH CIVIL COURT” page as it is stored in the database. The source actually contains a widget on the bottom, which has a few data attributes, which contain some of the post titles, as you can see on this screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/MICTaFj.png

Luckily these are data attributes, so I think if you choose to use the index table engine, that will actually evaluate the code, and try to get only the visible parts. I personally recommend the following configuration to best avoid these keywords:

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Marilyn Sullivan
    Marilyn Sullivan
    Participant

Good day. Thank you.

Please see the attached. Or, you could do what I did. Go to the resource page referenced in your message immediately above. Click on arbitration as a suggested keyword or input it in search. Then, go to Find on Page and input arbitration. It finds it ONCE as a SUGGESTED SEARCH KEYWORD.

Marilyn

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Marilyn,

The issue is not the visible part, I know what you mean on the screenshot.

The actual database does not have those stored, but as I pointed out in the screenshot, the module on the bottom of the screen has those keywords. Those are data attributes to an element within a HTML tag, and that is only visible in the page source. Nevertheless that is part of the database content field as text and therefore it matches the query.

If you want to test, you can remove the search bar from any of those pages, and they will still appear in the results as before.

If you try the suggested configuration, it will further process the database and will only search the visible content:

I strongly suggest this configuration, it will resolve your issue.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Marilyn Sullivan
    Marilyn Sullivan
    Participant

Thank you again. Yup, you’re right, of course. Genius mind.

I have been at this for a couple of weeks, trying to get users the best search experience possible. I can only achieve it with EXACT PHRASE SETTINGS which follow. Any ideas … or do I attempt to use the Index engine with the below settings in place?

Primary keyword logic
    AND with exact word matches
    Secondary logic
    AND
    Secodary logic is used when the results count does not reach the limit. More information about logics here.
    Show exact matches only?
    ..and match fields against the search phrase
    Starting with phrase
    ..allow Secondary logic when exact matching?
    If this is enabled, the Regular search engine is used. Index table engine doesn’t support exact matches.
    Minimum word length

Marilyn

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I would suggest using the index table engine instead, I think you will get much better results.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Marilyn Sullivan
    Marilyn Sullivan
    Participant

Good day, Ernest. OK, thank you. I am using the index engine. Two questions below.

1. I HAVE EXCLUDED FOOTER IN ADVANCED, EXCLUDE/INCLUDE BUT IS SHOWING RESULTS IN THE FOOTER. Your thoughts?
    MY SETTINGS:
    Exclude posts (or cpt, attachments, comments) by categories/taxonomy terms
    Available terms for the selected taxonomy

Drag here the terms you want to exclude !

Homepage
    Paul
    Pro Se Help
    Footer
    Answer Files
    NoSearch

2. WHEN I SEARCH FOR A PHRASE LIKE ‘ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION’ I GET RESULTS THAT INCLUDE JUST ONE OF THOSE WORDS ON PAGE. What do you suggest? MY SETTING FOR KEYWORD LOGIC AND MATCHING ARE: Logic and matching
    Documentation
    Primary keyword logic
    AND with exact word matches
    Secondary logic
    OR with exact word matches
    Secodary logic is used when the results count does not reach the limit. More information about logics here.
    Show exact matches only?
    ..and match fields against the search phrase
    Complete match
    ..allow Secondary logic when exact matching?
    If this is enabled, the Regular search engine is used. Index table engine doesn’t support exact matches.
    Minimum word length
    3. THANK YOU. Marilyn

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

1. This option is to exclude items belonging to specific categories.
    May I ask which results is the one you don’t want to see in the results list?

2. I guess those are very likely coming from the “You may also find these helpful” modules: https://i.imgur.com/ZxMbviq.png
    I have added the module shortcode under the exceptions on the index table settings, hopefully that text is not going to be excluded.
    Also, your keyword logic was not set correctly, because the “OR with exact keyword matches” will display results matching any of the keywords. I have corrected that too.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Marilyn Sullivan
    Marilyn Sullivan
    Participant

Good day. Thank you. BIG help.

I’m still getting results that include the searched term WITHIN the word, i.e., Searched term is FORM, which brings up FORUM (this doesn’t even include the term with the letters all in a row), PLATFORM, REFORM. I can keep looking for other instances, but feel I might be able to catch you with a solution today.

Marilyn

Marilyn Sullivan
    Marilyn Sullivan
    Participant

Hello again. Be sure to see the above also.

Search for LAWSUIT ANALYZER is picking up terms in the BREADCRUMBS and in a button on most pages that says START LAWSUIT ANALYZER. How to exclude those?

THANK YOU.

Marilyn

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi again Marilyn,

If you don’t want partial keyword results, then make sure the secondary logic is disabled in your case. In that case only whole word matches will be included.

As for the breadcrumbs and the buttons, I have added their shortcodes to the exceptions list, I don’t know if it is going to work though. I can see less keywords now, so something is definitely excluded.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Marilyn Sullivan
    Marilyn Sullivan
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.