Update URL when searching

This topic contains 22 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Amit250
    Amit250
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Amit250
    Amit250
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hm, that is going to be negated by the search override either way, so I don’t recommend using that restriction.

A possible way around it is not using the Elementor include, but enabling the search auto populate feature. Upon pageload the plugin will trigger an “empty” search and update the list with basically the latest items.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Amit250
    Amit250
    Participant

I tried the auto-populate feature, and it doesn’t work perfectly with Elementor. The first populate still shows all the results, and only the second one (i.e., reload the page or start searching) creates the include rule.

Anyway, on the category pages, I set the include rules on Elementor and the Ajax plugin, which works great.

On the ‘Browse All’ page (where I had the sorting by random problem), I also set it from both Elementor and the Ajax plugin to order the results randomly, and it works.

If you confirm that I can continue with these settings and there are not likely to be compatibility issues, everything now works perfectly…

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It should be just fine, we are not planning to change anything around this. I can’t speak for Elementor though, they may change things here and there, but this is not something they often alter, as it is the core of the widgets.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Amit250
    Amit250
    Participant

OK, sounds good enough for me.
    I really want to thank you for your wonderful and kind support. Also the fact that you accepted my request to add a new feature.

You’re doing a great job.
    Best wishes

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.