Various questions

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miguel Miguel 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Miguel!

Okays, for the background color of the date field itself, use this custom CSS:

div.asp_w.asp_sb.searchsettings .asp_custom_f input.asp_datepicker_field  {
        background-color: #e8e8e8 !important;
    }

4. I wish I could accept custom jobs, but unfortunately development/support takes all my time, that is why I have to refer to wpkraken for help.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Perfect Ernest, applied your code and now is just as I needed. Thanks so much for your kind attention.

Will contact WP Kraken to see what they can do.

Best regards,
    Miguel 😀

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Hi Ernes,

sorry that I post again about this but I detected an error regarding the changes we did. Now that the “until” date field has been moved to the right, it loads the “date picker” out of the website, appearing too much to the right.This is not a problem on PC but yes on mobile. Do you think we could make it appear aligned more like the “from” field datepicker?

Also for some reason when I clic in those fields, the smartphone shows the keyboard mode like to write, and that makes difficult choosing date. Can this be solved or is a mobile thing?

Thanks in advance!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. The position is automatically calculated by the jquery UI script in this case. Maybe adding some padding there might help, but it should always try to display it within the viewport if possible. Adding margin/padding may affect the calculation negatively and make it worse, I am not sure about that. I would rather recommend leaving that as it is.

2. This is indeed a mobile thing, but there might be a way to prevent that with a custom script code, by changing the inputs for a read only mode. This may not work in all cases either, but it’s worth a try. Try adding this custom code to the functions.php in your theme/child theme directory (copy from line 3 only!). Before editing, please make sure to have a full site back-up just in case!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

1.- OK!!

2.- Still have to test it in more devices but so far seems to work flawlessly 😀

Thanks for the awesome support.

Best regards,
    Miguel.

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Hi Ernest!

The CSS you provided gave me SO much freedom for testing and changing the datepicker look 😀 thank you so much!

I finally went for a more slick and modern look without so many colors, based on the one they have at this site But there are some things that I don’t know how to do, to make it look like this photo (but with my orange f07f19 instead of their blue)

Like this, but orange :D

So basically I would like that you tell me how to change, based on the actual look that I did for the datepicker:

1.- Text color and border for the day of today (f07f19 both)
    2.- Text color and background color change for selected day (text grey, background f07f19)
    3.- Background color change on hover to f07f19
    4.- Could we also add a thin grey line between the weekday names (LMXJVSD) and the weekdays numers?

Thanks so much! Best regards,
    Miguel.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Miguel Miguel.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Miguel,

You are welcome! These might be possible as well, at least to some extent. Try these additional custom CSS rules:

/* Align text center */
    table.ui-datepicker-calendar a {
       text-align: center !important;
    }

/* Today color and border */
    .asp-ui td.ui-datepicker-today a {
       color: #f07f19 !important;
       border: 1px solid #f07f19 !important;
    }

/* Current selected day background */
    .asp-ui td.ui-datepicker-current-day a {
       background: #f07f19 !important;
    }

/* Hovering over a date */
    .asp-ui td a.ui-state-default:hover {
       background: #f07f19 !important;
       color: white !important;    
    }

/* Line below the header */
    .asp-ui table.ui-datepicker-calendar thead tr {
        border-bottom: 1px solid #e8e8e8;
    }

This should result in something like this: https://i.imgur.com/hDdoNI2.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Great! Thanks so much Ernest, I hope I don’t need to come back to you with more questions anytime soon 🙂 have a nice ending for 2018 and start 2019 in the best way possible.

I gave you 5 stars in codecanyon.

Best regards,
    Miguel.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by Miguel Miguel.
    Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Hi Ernest! Sorry to be back, but I hope this is just a small problem for you to solve.

1.- This point is solved sorry, go to point 2

2.- I would like to add an image immediately below the search button, is there some way to do this?

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Miguel Miguel.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Miguel Miguel.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Miguel!

Thank you for your rating, and you are welcome for the help.

2. Well, I think you should try adding an image to the tabs panel, where the plugin shortcode is placed, right below the plugin shortcode. That should display immediately below the last element, which is the search button.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Yeah…I didn’t realize that possibility, you are right 😀 thanks for helping me seeing it.

Happy 2019!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You are welcome 🙂 Happy 2019 to you too!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Miguel
    Miguel
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

some days after contacting them I have received an answer from WP Kraken regarding the modifications to the datepicker field showing “Desde” and “Hasta” instead of the initial dates by default on the datepicker.

They estimated a grand total of 200$ which I don’t say is expensive, but is further more than what I expected to spend on this modification. Maybe you know a cheaper place? I don’t mind if I have to wait longer, in the end the result has not many possibilities of being wrong lol

Let me know if you have some recommendation for me please!

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

They are the only reliable source I know of. There might be a service up on Envato Studio, most of them should be trustworthy as well, although I am not familiar with any of the authors there.
    Freelancers are another option, but I honestly don’t know how to find reliable ones.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.