“create index” took 5G disk space on my hosting server. How to free up 5G ?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support “create index” took 5G disk space on my hosting server. How to free up 5G ?

This topic contains 41 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

I am a Pro user, after create index, it took 5G disk space on my hosting server.
    Any esay way to remove 5G space ? Can I just delete index I created to free space ?

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

I am a Pro user, after create index, it took 5G disk space on my hosting server.
    Any esay way to remove 5G space ? Can I just delete index I created to free space ?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Yes – if you delete the index the database space will free up.

The index uses the database, not the storage – however if your database is stored on the same server, the space occupied will show up there.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

thanks

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

Can I get refund ?

Sorry, after 3 days testing. I decided to remove Pro and go back to Lite. Lite works better in my case.

it still took my 5G disk space. I delete index, then uninstall and reinstall, disk space did not free up. and when i create new index, it took another 2G disk space.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Your database might be fragmented or there is an issue with it then. The plugin does not take up the space, it only instructs the database to store the information. Once the information is deleted, the space should be freed up. Make sure to also check if you have any automatic backup system active – because that will still store an archive of the tables for days or even weeks.

Try running optimize table and mysql query cache clear commands.

You can also try the plugin wipe – it will delete all the database tables as well, that should trigger the database server to clear all the cache or any leftover junk. Then if you reactivate the plugin, it will start from fresh.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/installation-instructions/uninstallation-and-reset#complete-uninstallation-including-all-plugin-data-wipe

As above said, I did remove all data before delete Pro. it does not work.
    I only have updraft for backup, it does not run this week. Also my hosting server does not backup this week, either.

Eventually, when I delete ajax search Pro, and recover disk from backup of 1 week ago. disk space go back to normal now. 5G space free up.

I dont mind paying money for decent plugin, but Pro does not really work for me, though it has some advanced function. I prefer Ajax Lite, basic function good enough for me.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I strongly recommend investigating your database server then, there might be a serious issue there. Once the table is wiped and deleted, it should not occupy any space whatsoever. The plugin has no control over how the database server works or stores the information, this could indicate an issue on the server layer.
    It is the same as you delete a file – if it still occupies the space, then the issue is not with the file itself, but how the system handles it.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

please refund, no long use it after testing.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You can open a refund request here of course: https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/articles/202821460-Can-I-Get-A-Refund-

Please mind the refund policy, it may not get approved.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

Ajax Search Pro has annual fee or just one time payment for life time

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

One time payment for a lifetime license (all future updates included), no annual fees or anything like that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

-Ajax Search Lite
    Genearal Options-Sources & Basics-My Templates (available posts type)
    It works on laptop, not working on mobile.

1. My Templates only show on list, not show in the new window after clicking post.
    2. laptop
    on search result, when you click, go to correct page.
    3. mobile
    on search result, when you click, go back to HOME page. Not going to related page.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by zzrparts30 zzrparts30.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

I have tried the search on the mobile, searched for “700” and tapped one of the results, and I was redirected to the result page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsxB8S4IWbI
    It can be a cache issue of some sort, make sure to clear your mobile device cache, as well as the site cache.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

Question 1.
    It is not cache issue. There is a bug for template not post.

What you try was post, What I referring to was “Template”

Please use “flat belt” and “grabber belt” as example.

Please note, template = category, it include different TYPE of product, post = a single product page.

Question 2.

visit use “-“ or “/” or something else as divider.
    Can I replace them as space
    For example, 700-3m-20 700 is length, 20 is wdith, 3m is pitch.
    when visit type in “-” or “/” can we define it as space from back end ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.