“create index” took 5G disk space on my hosting server. How to free up 5G ?

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support “create index” took 5G disk space on my hosting server. How to free up 5G ?

This topic contains 41 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Well, make sure the “My Templates” or “Elementor Template” post type is not selected to return as a search result. Those are storage only post types used by Elementor to define page templates – they are not for displaying purposes.
    You can check that on the General Options -> Sources panel: https://i.imgur.com/Z1iL9ik.png

Q2:
    Yes, but you may need a small custom code snippet to replace with a space. This knowledge base should contain exactly what you need.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

No, I do need template. I want to see them in search result and resut in new window. also see them in pc and mobile.
    My questions attached below.

-Ajax Search Lite
    Genearal Options-Sources & Basics-My Templates (available posts type)
    It works on laptop, not working on mobile.

1. My Templates only show on list, not show in the new window after clicking post.
    2. laptop
    on search result, when you click, go to correct page.
    3. mobile
    on search result, when you click, go back to HOME page. Not going to related page.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It does not work for me on either of the devices, I am redirected back to the home page. It very likely requires for the user to be logged in as administrator – otherwise WordPress redirects back to the home page, as those are private post types. You are probably logged in on the desktop, it worked because of that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

But elementor templates are not private, they are public. For example,

Flat Belts
    https://www.zzr-parts.com/flat-belts/
    Grabber Belts
    https://www.zzr-parts.com/Grabber-Seamless-Belts/

How to make elementor templates work when it comes to ajax search.

I would like to search elementor templates, such as Flat Belts, Grabber Belts

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Those pages are not elementor templates, but post type archive pages using a custom template. Elementor templates are not viewable post types.
    If you want to search and return taxonomy archives as results, then use these options. That is very likely what you are looking for.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

it works your way, thanks

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

on laptop, search box only display 4/5 row / post in the result box, how to show more say 8 posts ?
    increase height of box vertically.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

You can change that number here: https://i.imgur.com/9e0Auwk.png

To preven the results box size overflowing on mobile and tablet devices, I also recommend adding a max-height value for the overall height here: https://i.imgur.com/I72Eksw.png
    The 60vh value will prevent the results box size being bigger than the 60% of the mobile browser window height.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

My search box color is not the same as result box color.

How to change color of result box ?

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

add filter setting at front end.
    materials filter such as

1. rubber
    2. pu

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can change the results box color here: https://i.imgur.com/A2wQMB2.png

For creating and using filters you can check the fronted search filters documentation.
    I assume those are either taxonomy terms or custom fields, so related documations here and here. Also, don’t forget to read how to properly set the position and layout as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

Thank you for your answer.

After recovery from disk backup file. I reinstall Ajax Search Pro, my AWS disk space taking up too fast, in 5 days from 38G to 43 again. I am wondering where the problem is. I am confused. I am scared of the speed of disk space taking.

Can you recommend, is there any disk mornitoring and management software

zzrparts30
    zzrparts30
    Participant

before installation of Ajax Pro, disk space is fine.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It is very likely the database indexes taking up the space, as you noticed it earlier. MySQL (or MariaDB) manages it, and if you have a decently big database, it can take up a lot of space. It is very likely the database cache, it can grew to a huge size with big databases.

Check if you have a database backup running on your server (via SSH), either as a crob job or a process (AutoMySQL or SQLbak). These are automated backups on most linux servers running daily. If it keeps backups of the whole database, then it could very well explain the growth of the size.
    Usually these backups keep either 7 or 30 days of backup. If the index and the cache size is around 7-800MB, then a 7 day daily backup will grow the server disk space to around 5G.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.