plug in errors. please help!

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support plug in errors. please help!

This topic contains 40 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by bvs bvs 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    bvs
    bvs
    Participant

hello!

i am having issues with posts not being rendered. it happens when i show 6 or more related posts. i want to have at least 16+ as you show in your preview 😀

i can’t replicate it all the time but my site has lost a tremendous amount of hits after installing this plugin. unfortunately i was unaware of it until after ~2-3 days.

anyway, i have attached an image of a post that worked and another that failed with related posts –

any help is appreciated as i am losing hits.

thank you.

bvs

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Could you please re-open your ticket with proper product key or attach your product key to your next post in a text document? I can only help tickets with confirmed purchase keys. (some people with pirate versions had abused the support unfortunately)

As for the issue. I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to reproduce this issue on my servers. Do you have a development copy of your site, which I could access on the same server? I think that would be the fastest way of solving the problem, as I could see it happening.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

bvs
    bvs
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

That is a license code for a different item, Advanced Social and Menu Bar and not Related Posts Pro. Please submit the one you got for Related Posts Pro. Thank you.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

please let me know and i can increase the number of related posts.

that way it will defintely show you a live non-rendered post.

kind regards.

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

shoot.
    ok, let me go back to code canyon.
    sorry, busy day! 😀

bvs
    bvs
    Participant
    bvs
    bvs
    Participant

please let me know if you need anything else.

thank you!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks, now it’s fine!

Okay, all I can see right now from the page source, that the HTML is rendered until the beginning of the post content then it stops. And there is also a hidden message at the end of the site code which tells, that HTML is corrupted. Are you using some kind of html minification or caching plugin? Maybe it sopts with page rendering because there is a syntax error somewhere, or some kind of unstripped html inside the related content, I’m not sure.

First you should try to deactivate the caching or html minifying plugin temporary and see if it works then, or if it’s throwing any kind of errors or if there is some kind of funny unfinished code.

If it’s going to work with caching disabled, then maybe I can catch the error in the output.

Also, by default the HTML is not removed from the content, which can cause such issues I think. Try to change the formatting options as it is on the following screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/rrZxYVh.png
    Then save the options, empty the cache and refresh the page a few times.
    This way unfinished content from shortcodes or remaining html tags will get stripped correctly and might fix the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

ok, i updated as per your image.

also, the cache and gzip plugins are now off.

a bit of history; i was getting a ton of emails with this issue so i installed those but later realized if i turned off related posts it worked fine.

aslo, i increased the number so we make sure we get the autoplay etc working.

please let me know if you need anything else… 😀

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I think I might figured out the problem. If you have more than 6 items, then the pagination is used. The pagination icons are svg vectorgraphic images, which have a xml type of declaration included as well. Maybe that is confusing the cache plugin, since it’s unusual.

Anyways, I removed the unnecessary xml declaration codes and zipped the img folder and attached to this post. Please unzip this file to a folder in your computer and copy it’s contents to your servers wp-content/plugins/related-posts-pro/img/ folder and overwrite all the files with the new ones in that directory.

Then refresh the page a few times, enable the caching and gzip plugin, clear the cache a few times and hopefully it will work.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

sorry, had the sort option wrong.

ok i replaced contents of img folder in plugin.

let me see how it works and get back with you.

thanks!

• This reply was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by bvs bvs.
    bvs
    bvs
    Participant

seeing is how it takes a while to replicate the rendering issue please leave the ticket open and i’ll see how it works over a day or two.

I’ll get back with on this ticket after i’m 100% sure it works.

thanks for the help so far!:D

kind regards.

bvs

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay! I hope it will work, then I can safely include this fix in the future versions.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

i hope so too! cheers! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.