plug in errors. please help!

Home Forums Product Support Forums Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support plug in errors. please help!

This topic contains 40 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by bvs bvs 9 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    bvs
    bvs
    Participant

do i need to make each tab exactly the same as the one we modified or just the content options?

thanks again!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

If you want it to look like the other one, then you should make everything exactly the same.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

hmmmm…
    i pulled over x-portfolio for content and it still shows blog(?)

http://www.blueverticalstudio.com (bottom)

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Is that the new instance you created? If you have two instances now, then you should disable/replace the old one’s shortcode. From the source all I can see, that this is the first instance. So unless you deleted the old one, then you should replace the shortcode.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

i have 2 instances. i for blog and 1 for portfolio.

2 questions:

1. if you look the theme appears to be slightly different. the blog is the desired. i selected the same theme (99% sure)

2. it is bringing in all of the pages too. not just the portfolio(?)

any ideas?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

1. The first one is Minimal grey transparent and the second looks like Pinteresting. Try to select the Minimal grey transparent on the second one again, wait 10 seconds and save it. Clear the site cache and it should be exactly the same.

2. Have you turned off the “Return pages” option on the content options panel?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

ok, it appears i got it(?)

i now have 2 instances but all i need to do it add the second instance into my page right? meaning [wpdreams_rpp id=1]

just one shortcake is what i have now and it shows both instance.

hmmm, i must be confused but it works(?)

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

i thought i would need both instances added to my page, meaning 2 short-codes?
    i just used the second shortcake and it’s displaying both instances. is that correct? i hope not as i would like to change the blog title in a new instance?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I guess because the first or the second instance has the “Show the plugin under content” option enabled. That way the plugin is automatically placed under the content.

Here is a detailed explanation of it in the documentation: http://wp-relatedpostspro.demo.wp-dreams.com/docs/#getting_started_placing_the_instance_to_the_frontend

If you turn this option off then it will be visible only on pages where the shortcode is placed.

There are also chapters about how to override the visibility with metaboxes. Please go through quickly the documentation, it has answers to most of the questions you posted.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

ahhh. i got it. didn’t think about it injecting. thanks!

bvs
    bvs
    Participant

it’s now perfect! well i eventually need to create one more instance to change the title but it looks great now…

thanks! 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

The forum ‘Related Posts Pro for WordPress Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.