Show the categories selectors

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Show the categories selectors

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by musme musme 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    musme
    musme
    Participant

Hello! Pleace see this page http://musme.ru/tutorials/kak-zapisat-pesnyu-v-domashnih-usloviyah-1.html

I have search form on sidebar.

“Frontend and search settings> Drag here the categories you want to exclude!”
    Category is not needed, but keep appearing.
    see attachments

pls, check search “sidebar”

Can you help me?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Please update your plugin to version 3.5. It is available for download on codecanyon.

Carefully follow the steps for updating, since you are using a hihgly outdated version: https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/updating-from-older-versions/

Let me know if the problem persist after the successful update.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

musme
    musme
    Participant

Upgrade is complete!
    1) Genearal Options – Sources 2
    Available taxonomies is empty! So i cant include the taxonomies! see attachment1

2)is it possible to set an exclusive image for each returned category?

3) Frontend Search Settings options>Show the Suggested phrases
    By clicking on the search phrase does not always work. why?

4) Advanced Options – Exclude categories
    why not in the list of all categories?

5) “Frontend and search settings – Drag here the categories you want to exclude!”
    Now i nave only needed categories! Ok! But if click on “uncheck” field of each category, result is not empty… is it possible to check some category and get search results this category posts only? see attachment2

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by musme musme.
    Attachments:
    musme
    musme
    Participant

Can you help me?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

1. Do you have any taxonomies? I can’t see any. This function uses the wordpress built in get_taxonomies function, so it should return the taxonomies if you have any registered.

2. Categories doesn’t have images by default. If the image is stored as some kind of custom field, it might be possible to retrieve it and create filtering function based on this article: https://wp-dreams.com/knowledge-base/showing-the-post-type-name-in-post-title/

3. I just tested, it works for me. Can you explain when it’s not working? I tried it several times on your frontpage, and it worked everytime.

4. It was because empty categories are hidden in wordpress by default. I made a quick modification, now all the 136 categories are visible. (even the empty ones)

5. You need to exclude all those categories which you don’t want to use on the “Advanced Options -> Exclude categories” as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

musme
    musme
    Participant

Im go to Ajax Search Pro/”home” search/ Frontend Search Settings options / Categories & Taxonomies/ Select which categories exclude

I have excluded category “Hidden category”.
    Now i go to front page and type phrase “hidden”. And search return me category “Hidden category”. But this categody exluded. Why i can see this?

See screenshots, please.

Attachments:
    musme
    musme
    Participant

And i cant delete any keywords from the list(

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

It’s because that is only for the fronted search settings box, it does not actually exclude the category, it only makes it invisible on the frontend. To exclude the category go to the Advanced Option panel, and there you can do it. It’s all explained in the documentation.

I already excluded the Hidden Category so you should not see the posts from there now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Ideed, there was something wrong. I activated/deactivated debug mode and now it works.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

musme
    musme
    Participant

oh(
    Return categories as results is “on”. how i can exlude some categoryes?

musme
    musme
    Participant

why i dont have returned categories now?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

On the “Advanced Options” panel, “Exclude categories” option: https://i.imgur.com/E4xdgaJ.png

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

It should return categories, it must have been only the cache. Please try again.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

musme
    musme
    Participant

NOOOOOO!
    OMG, my english is veeeery bad( SORY!
    Ok! if i exclude categories in Advanced Options, search dont show posts from this category and dont return category. I need showing posts from this category but i dont need show this category!

I need exclude some categories from returned, but not posts from this categories.

Do you understand me? please, sory.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 3 months ago by musme musme.
    Attachments:
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Yes I do, but it’s not possible to do with the same search instance. By excluding a category will exclude both the category and the posts as well.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.