Reply To: Search term highlighting, included categories only, surrounding search term text

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search term highlighting, included categories only, surrounding search term text Reply To: Search term highlighting, included categories only, surrounding search term text

Ronnie_Tanner
Ronnie_Tanner
Participant

That did it, thanks!

Okay, things are getting really close to being finished.. a couple more questions.

1) Is it possible for the search setting selections to stay as they are when a page is refreshed? For example, by default I have several categories pre-selected and give the ability for users to de-select whichever they wish. If they go to a new page, all the options are back selected. I suspect cookies would have to be used to accomplish this. I didn’t see anything in the settings.

I’m not really even sure if that would be ideal but I did have a user ask this question. It’s useful when trying to find something in a section and using different keywords. I have the search set to open results in the same window so I could change that to a new window as a suggestion.

2) Is there a way to replace the default WordPress results page with the results from ASP? In essence a results page with the ability to refresh the results, but on an entire page. Right now I’m using search in the sidebar and it’s good for quick access, but would like to limit the results there to say, 5, then use the more results option to redirect to a full page view of ASP results.

I appreciate the plugin, and the quick responses. I know it’s not always possible with the latter.

Ronnie