Reply To: Overriding default search and default result spage

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Overriding default search and default result spage Reply To: Overriding default search and default result spage

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

I’ve managed to get in. My configuration was correct all along, I had to reset my router and modem, I have no idea why. Seems like my ISP is doing strange stuff.

The good news is, that I’ve found why the theme is not displaying any results. After some reverse engineering I’ve found that the inlcudes/loop.php file is handling out the results in the theme directory. It basically separated them into 3 groups, but it wasn’t working correctly for some reason.

I didn’t want to change that file, and I noticed that you are using a child theme, so I’ve made a search.php file in the child theme directory. WordPress automatically looks for this file, and if it exists, then it’s automatically considered as the search results handler. I’ve copied over the original index.php content and the corresponding part of the includes/loop.php file, and I made a correction not to filter anything. Now this search.php file is entirely handling the results content.

I did not change any of the code, only the search.php file was created, so this should be update-proof as well.

I did a few tests, and it looks like it’s working correctly, and handling the results as expected 🙂

If you want to change layout of the search page, or anything regarding it, you can do it by editing the organic_shop-child/search.php file.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)