Reply To: Null Custom Field Dropdown Value / Broken Exclude Taxonomy

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Null Custom Field Dropdown Value / Broken Exclude Taxonomy Reply To: Null Custom Field Dropdown Value / Broken Exclude Taxonomy

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

1. Well, if you want to filter a single numeric value (I’m guessing year?), then as a possible solution might be to not use the “EQUALS” operator, but rather “LESS THAN” and have a bigger number as the default value, like so:

3000||All years**
2017||2016 and before
2016||2015 and before

and so on..
In the first case each record, no matter which year is less than 3000 so the result set is not reduced. For the other ones, the year must be bigger by 1, as the “less than” operator is not inclusive.
The downside of this solution is that it does not filter by an exact year.

Another possible solution is to use a <span class=”code”>Range Slider</span> type, and have the low – high values at the lowest and highest date.

I’m working on a solution to accept unset/null values, but it needs lots of testing, as the current solution has a great performance and I do not want to give up that under any circumstances 🙂

2. The configuration looks all right, there is definitely a bug somewhere. Can you also give me temporary FTP access to the development environment? I would like to debug the search code to find why is that happening. Weirdly it works with the categories, but not the taxonomy terms.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)