Reply To: Get category archives & category’s custom fields

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Get category archives & category’s custom fields Reply To: Get category archives & category’s custom fields

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi Eno,

I read your reply earlier, but I had to postpone my answer as I was releasing the new version of ajax search pro. So far it looks promising, will see.

Yep, that is supposed to happen. It does not search the actual page content but the category itself as the object. I honestly do not recall if we talked about this, but it actually would make sense to somehow connect the categories to the posts. I guess I could make an option, something like “Search within posts belonging to each category”. I’m only concerned of the performance impact – it might be really bad for databases with lots of posts and categories. The search would be performed on a dataset of (post1 x number of categories + post2 x number of categories + ….), which I would say is about 5-10 times the posts table on average.
The implementation though should not be hard, I think I will add this to the features list to the upcoming 4.7.1, and then we will see how it works.

I believe they implemented it because of ACF, it was a brilliant idea, much needed. Coming soon for sure 🙂

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)