Reply To: Bio search works till fourth or fifth keyword only

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Bio search works till fourth or fifth keyword only Reply To: Bio search works till fourth or fifth keyword only

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

I thought you meant 4-5th keyword, not over 6th. 7 or more keywords are indeed ignored for performance and security reasons.

You can of course change that by making a small edit in the following file: wp-content/plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/classes/search/search.class.php and lines 139-140, where you should see this:

$this->_s = $this->escape( array_slice(array_unique( explode(" ", $keyword) ), 0, 6) );
$this->_sr = $this->escape( array_slice(array_unique( array_reverse( explode(" ", $keyword_rev ) ) ), 0, 6) );

…change those to:

$this->_s = $this->escape( array_slice(array_unique( explode(" ", $keyword) ), 0, 25) );
$this->_sr = $this->escape( array_slice(array_unique( array_reverse( explode(" ", $keyword_rev ) ) ), 0, 25) );

This way it will allow 25 keywords instead of 6. If you experience any performance issues, then reduce this number to a lower one.

In case you can’t find these lines or having trouble with editing, feel free to update your FTP information and I will take care of it for you.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)