Reply To: URGENT: production site suddenly not returning results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support URGENT: production site suddenly not returning results Reply To: URGENT: production site suddenly not returning results

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

The ajax search is working on my end, I just checked, I’m getting results. I see no javascript issues, except one. This code is placed incorrectly in the site footer:

<script>
//Highlighting for Search
jQuery(function($) {
   aspjQuery("main").highlight(aspjQuery(".probox input.orig").val(), { element: 'span', className: 'highlighted', wordsOnly: 0 });
});
</script>

It’s placed below the closing HTML tag, so it has no effect on the site at all. Make sure to place it before the closing body tag.

The content on the results page is simply not there. All I can see instead of the content is this:

<!-- wpv-loop-start -->	
	<!-- wpv-loop-end -->

I’m not sure what that stands for, but I think that’s where the content should be. It’s embedded in a strange div with an ID of “wpv-view-layout-27104-CPID20041” and with some extra parameters. Maybe this is some kind of ajax page loader or something, that should load the content?
If it is, then it’s not working, or not loading anything as the content is empty.

Ajax search pro does not change anything regarding the layout, it only passes the results. Because the pagination is there, it means that it’s working correctly, the results were passed along. It appears they are not displayed because something else is preventing it from displaying.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)