Reply To: Search Results Are not working based on key phrase of "1 OZ"

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Search Results Are not working based on key phrase of "1 OZ" Reply To: Search Results Are not working based on key phrase of "1 OZ"

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi Rob,

The problem with such short phrases is that they match a wide set of results by default – with the default logic. The default logic (“OR” logic) I describe as: either of the phrases match any of the content, anywhere. So it’s focused on matching anything possible.

I believe you can solve this 2 ways:
– Either enabling exact matches – in this case however the phrase is always treated as one word, so it always have to match the content somewhere
– Or changing the keyword logic to “AND” or “AND with exact keyword matches” option – in this case the entered phrase is still separated by words, but both must match the same field.
The difference between “AND” or “AND with exact keyword matches” options are that in the second case the phrase must match a whole word, so no partial results.

More explanation you can find in this part of the documentation.

I suggest experimenting with multiple possibilities to find the best suiting your needs. It’s probably never going to be a 100% perfect, since this small plugin cannot emulate a huge google-like engine (to which all of us are used to).

I hope this helps 🙂

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)