Reply To: Question about non-exact search matches

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Question about non-exact search matches Reply To: Question about non-exact search matches

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

This is unfortunately not possible automatically – as it would require some advanced word recognition service of some sort to be able to tell if the search phrase is actually meaningful if split to N parts. For example, in this case to recognize that “goldwing” could be split into 2 sensible words. I believe so far only a very few major search engines (like google) are capable of that (at a very high cost).

If the case was the opposite, finding “gold wing” within the text that contains “goldwing”, that is very easily possible, and by default the plugin is looking for such matches.

The best possible alternative solution is to use the Additional search tags for this post option for that product, which you can find at the bottom of each product edit page on the back-end: https://i.imgur.com/R1jiuyq.png
There you can enter additional words, which the plugin will be able to search for.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)