Reply To: Expanding index with data from another website

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Expanding index with data from another website Reply To: Expanding index with data from another website

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

Yes I did, sorry I forget to answer, I was a bit busy.

As much as I would love to help you, I can’t. Unfortunately I work alone as of now, and I have too many plugins and other sites (+customers) to take care of, so I don’t have any more time for other projects.

Sorry to turn you down on this one. If you want to stay somewhat compatible with the updates, then you should try to look at the code in the:

includes/search.class.php
and
includes/search_content.class.php

The search.class.php contains a class which is the parent of ‘other’ search classes. (like the content serach). So if you examine the the search.class.php (wpdreams_search) and search_content.class.php (wpdreams_searchContent) you will see that the wpdreams_searchContent class is derived from the wpdreams_search class. It was supposed to be abstract, but it’s not, mainly because of php compatibility and other issues.

So if you create a new class derived from the wpdreams_search class then there is a very good chance that your code will be almost fully compatible with the new updates, because the wpdreams_search class will not change for sure, and your code would be only an addition to the current search code. You can use the wpdreams_searchContent class as a sample to create your own.

Best of luck, and sorry again that I can’t participate in your project!

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)