Reply To: Not Overriding Default Search Results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Not Overriding Default Search Results Reply To: Not Overriding Default Search Results

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

4. Okay, I’m a bit tired, sorry for that, it’s a bit late here 😀

So I checked your configuration and you have excluded all the categories on the “Frontend search settings” panel. However this does not mean that these categories are in fact excluded, they are only excluded from showing, so they are not visible but still included.

There is another category exclude option on the “Advanced options” panel. The posts from categories excluded there will not show up whatsoever.

I know it’s confusing, but it was neccessary. Many people requested to have only a few categories visible on the frontend, yet many others have excluded. So the category selector box on the “Frontend search settings” panel is only for the visibility in the settings box, but it does not affect the outcome, unless the user deselects some of the categories.

To permanently exclude categories you need to use the one on the “Advanced options” panel. I hope I understood you correctly 😀

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)