Reply To: Questions and feature requests

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you for the kind words!

Sorry for the late answer, I’ve been working a bit too much on the upcoming version release and go too many tickets/mails as well with bugs and issues.

1. If I remember correctly there is a scrollbar issue related with the current version and I think in this thread I solved it, but I think I had to make changes in the code as well.

I can only fix this via FTP, but I don’t want to ask for access unless necessary. I have a better idea/solution. I’m attaching a pre-alpha version of the upcoming 4.1 to this post, which already has this issue fixed.
All you need to do is deactivate and delete the current and install this one.
Some features are not completely finished or tested, so you if you experience issues, just re-install the old version.

Also, you can try to increase the “Results box viewport (in item numbers)” option on the Theme Options -> Vertical Results panel if you still experience this problem after upgrading.

If you rather not update, let me know and we proceed from there.

2. There is no such class. This is a bit complicated issue, I don’t want to get into every exact detail, but it’s not possible. Mainly because there is no standard way for developers to “output” the default search, and everyone is using a different way. The result is that there is no one standard solution that works with each and every theme. Most of the modern themes are using completely different method outputting the search form making it impossible to replace.

The only way is to replace the source code directly with the search php shortcode. In your case, maybe something like this should work:

<div id="menu-search">
    <?php echo do_shortcode('[wpdreams_ajaxsearchpro id=1]'); ?>
</div>

As your requests:

1. That is a good idea. Added to the future features list.
2. Yes, I’m going to re-work the grouping section to a better one. In the meantime you can use the editable template files, they were introduced in version 4.0. With these template files you are able to directly change the HTML output of results and groups.
In your case if you open the plugins/ajax-search-pro/includes/views/results/group-header.php file, there will be a bunch of comments for explanation and a single line of code:

<div class="asp_group_header"><?php echo $group_name; ?></div>

If you change that to:

<div class="asp_group_header"><?php echo $group_name; ?> Articles</div>

then the “Articles” string is going to be displayed after the group name.

3. Also a good idea. I’m adding this to the future features TODO list. There is a good chance I’m implementing this as well.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.
Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)