Reply To: plugin not working after saving tabs

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support plugin not working after saving tabs Reply To: plugin not working after saving tabs

Ernest Marcinko
Ernest Marcinko
Keymaster

Hi!

I see you are using the “block” layout for the front-end filters. That layout inherits the theme styles, so there must be a theme CSS rule somewhere disabling the drop-down arrows, as there is no rule in the plugin doing that. Most likely every issue with the select/multiselect is related to a 3rd party CSS (most likely theme). Without actually seeing the page, I’m not able to tell what is causing that, nor a way to fix it if possible.

To hide the custom post type selector just go to the Frontend search settings -> Post types panel and remove the items: https://goo.gl/QlfF9j

To display a search button only is a bit problematic, as it’s part of the whole search bar. If you choose to display the search bar, it will display the search as well. However it might be possible to hide all the items from the search bar except the icon or button.

This custom CSS will hide everything in the search bar, except the search icon:

.prosettings, .proinput, .proloading, .proclose {
    width: 0 !important;
    display: none !important;
}

Then you need to force the proper width for the search bar, in my case was 95px, but you might need lower:

.asp_main_container {
    width: 95px !important;
}

In this case however you probably want to place the search button next to the settings. To achieve that I would use the search shortcode on the right and the settings shortcode on the left in a two column container, something like:

In this case, don’t forget to turn off the Hide search box option on the Layout Options -> Search box layout panel: https://i.imgur.com/ujJ7wxo.png

I’m not sure if this would work, but it’s the best way I can think of to implement.

Best,
Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)