Add to cart button

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    iliaspavlou
    iliaspavlou
    Participant

Hi,

Until recently the Add_to_cart button was working perfectly. Suddenly it stopped. Although we can see the button, when you press it, it takes you to the product page instead of adding it to cart. Looking at the inspect element on the browser, it looks like that the button is only an image on the product result and not a “real” button. Is it possible to have a look on this?
    The add to cart button is very important because it helps to make the procedure much quicker for the customer. I think you should add it as a permanent feature in your perfect plugin.

Regards,

Elies

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sure. All I can see are some errors on the javascript error console, those can cause a custom script malfunction easily. I recommend fixing those first, then try adding the custom code again: https://i.imgur.com/e0sPlnV.png

Please note, that the add-to-cart feature is only a custom coded solution, so I can not guarantee anything.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

iliaspavlou
    iliaspavlou
    Participant

Hi,

I tried the snippet on our staging site (staging.papilio.gr) site with one of the default wordpress themes with only the needed plugin and it gives the same error. So, I dont think this is an issue from the theme or something else. Also the custom css for the formatting when i try to activate it, the whole site goes down. I send you a screenshot with the issue.

Regards,

Elies

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The custom CSS should be used in a custom CSS field, or a stylesheet file. The error on the screenshot looks like you were trying to use it as a custom code snippet of some sort. Custom CSS can not throw any errors, as it does not contain executable code. Make sure to clear the code errors, it is very likely to resolve the problem.

I also tested the code from the tutorial on our local server and it worked perfectly fine.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

iliaspavlou
    iliaspavlou
    Participant

For your info i have managed to solve the issue. The problem was an option on the results behaviour tab. If you enable the “Make the whole result area clickable?” option, the button becomes “invisible” and sends you to the product. I think that you should add this on the button documentation once your cross check that I’m right.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you for the feedback! It should not affect the outcome, the custom CSS provided in the tutorial should deal with that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.