Advice on refining search results

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Advice on refining search results

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    synergy
    synergy
    Participant

Hi,

I am trying to improve the search results that the plugin gives.

I have a site with approx 200 suppliers profiles that use WordPress Tags that match my ‘suggested search keywords, these search terms are also replicated in the Ajax Pro Search settings ‘additional search tags for this post’ on each page/post. I have also setup the search ‘relevance options’ to give ‘terms’ the highest weight of 10. I am using the standard search at the moment but plan to use the search table soon.

However when select the suggested keyword ‘drinks’ I only get 10 results shown even though there are 45 profile pages that use that term.

Is there any way that I can setup the search instance to show all of the pages/posts that use the selected keyword?

Thanks in advance.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Make sure that the search in terms option is enabled (or the post tags are selected to be indexed if using the index table). This documentation will help you out: https://documentation.ajaxsearchpro.com/general-settings/search-in-terms-categories-tags
    Once it is enabled and the correct post types are selected, it should start returning results related to that tag.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.