Ajax Search Filter broke Divi ThemeBuilder

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Filter broke Divi ThemeBuilder

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Mangfallblau
    Mangfallblau
    Participant

Hi!

I use the Ajax Search Filter Pro for a customer site (build with Divi/elegantthemes). The Search Filter is integrated in the global Header via the Divi ThemeBuilder, and now the visual Builder ist not longer working!
    When i remove the Search Filter from the global Header, the visuall Builder ist working.

What can i do?

Kind Regards. Conny

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Conny,

Make sure to use the proper module for Ajax Search Pro in the header. A lot of time text or paragraph modules are used for the shortcode, which is no good. If there is a shortcode/custom HTML module for Divi Builder, use that as a container, where you place the plugin shortcode.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Mangfallblau
    Mangfallblau
    Participant

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

Its another problem, its difficult for me to explain, but i’ll try 😉

We use the “RealCookieBanner” Plugin für the Cookie Consent settings (German GPDR!), i have three settings:

Ajax Search Filter (ASF) acitve, RealCookiBanner (RCB) active > visual Builder ist not working
    ASF disable – RCB active > visual builder is working
    ASF active – RCB disable > visual builder is working

Do you habe any idea? I’m also in contact with the Support of RCB …

Mangfallblau
    Mangfallblau
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The error log is probably unrelated, it may have been only due to the fact that I have enabled Ajax Search Lite and Pro at the same time for debugging, those errors should disappear soon.

The issue is on the front-end side, and it is definitely a conflict, but not with the Divi builder luckily. I am guessing that the other plugin may tries to load a script as well as ajax search pro and somewhere it conflicts. I could not see any error messages on the console, so I am not sure where exactly.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mangfallblau
    Mangfallblau
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

If you don’t mind, I will try a few things to debug this, I am seeing a stuck request from “statify” plugin, whenever I try to enter a shortcode, maybe that one is related to this too.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mangfallblau
    Mangfallblau
    Participant

Feel free 😉 Its not the Live-Site … The Statify Plugin is not really important, because the client also use Google Analytics

Mangfallblau
    Mangfallblau
    Participant
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Okay, I think I found something that may help you greatly.

After some debugging, I found if I disable the plugin shortcode then it starts working. Then I tried to replace the plugin shortcode with an empty function, and it still was happening.

So to validate, I have deactivated our plugin Ajax Search Pro created a completely random shortcode [test_shortcode] via this code:

add_shortcode('test_shortcode', function(){return "";});

Whenever I placed this shortcode to the editor still breaks. The issue is therefore luckily not related to ajax search pro, because it can be replicated even when the plugin is uninstalled.

Seems like something (maybe the other plugin?) is creating a conflic with shortcode execution in the Divi editor.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Mangfallblau
    Mangfallblau
    Participant

Great, thank you very much!!! I will tell this the support of Real Cookie Banner …

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.