ajax search is very slow in firefox

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support ajax search is very slow in firefox

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Katelyn Joly Katelyn Joly 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Katelyn Joly
    Katelyn Joly
    Participant

I have installed Ajax Search Pro on this site: http://urlgone.com/d5a26d/. It has worked well on Safari and Chrome, but in Firefox the search results can take a quite a bit of time. I am testing with the name “Bryan Fischer”. I type “Bryan” in and it takes about 2-3 minutes for the result to come up. Is there something that can be done to increase the speed of the results?

Thank you,
    Katelyn

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Sounds very strange as browser type should not affect server response at all.

I’ve tried both browsers, but I got responses at almost equal speeds (~1 second)

Firefox:

View post on imgur.com

Chrome:

View post on imgur.com

Are you sure it wasn’t just a temporary server outage or something with the browser cache, or maybe a browser plugin?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Katelyn Joly
    Katelyn Joly
    Participant

Hi There,

I found it to be slow in both Firefox and Safari. Here is a screen shot in Safari of the post request. It takes up to 6 seconds to show. Thoughts?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

This sounds like a server performance fluctuation to me. I cannot access the url anymore to check right now, but I feel I’m going to get a different results again. It proves the fact that first only firefox felt slower, now (after 2 weeks) both browsers – which should not affect the performance at all.

Please read through these performance related suggestions in the documentation: https://goo.gl/Rn6lG6
    Those are very important, especially if you are on a shared host and using lots of plugins requireing lots of CPU. The overall plugin performance more-less corresponds with the server performance, except if there is a conflict or an unknown error.

You can also check your site performance with the P3 performance profiler after, to see if there is any other plugin or theme eating resources.

If nothing changes anything, feel free to post log-in and FTP details to your test environment, and I will debug through the search code to search for possible conflicts or errors.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Katelyn Joly
    Katelyn Joly
    Participant

Thank you! The documentation helps a ton.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.