Ajax Search Issues in foreign languages

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Issues in foreign languages

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MLadani
    MLadani
    Participant

I know that you plugin does not support the compatibility with the Translatepress plugin. However, I have the Deepl API connected and so the issue should be solved. NOW I get the following error message. I have found some answers within the support area but nothing works.

Let me know if you need admin access.

Cheers,
    Mario

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Can you please add a relevant URL where I can check this? Also, please check this troubleshooting documentation first.
    I will very likely need FTP and back-end access as well to debug this, if nothing works from the suggested documentation.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

MLadani
    MLadani
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you!

I can see the problem now. Something is altering the AJAX output of the search, it is adding extra HTML tags (paragraphs) to the output, see the output here for example: https://i.imgur.com/e11cgH6.png
    I presume it is the translation plugin. While ajax search pro can deal with some level of error in the output, this completely alters the HTML, making it invalid, and can not be rendered properly.

Unfortunately this is not caused by the search, you may need to ask the translation plugin authors on how to exclude certain requests from the translator, as it does not handle it correctly in this case. If there is no option to do so, and there is any programmatical way they can suggest, let me know, and I might be able to help with that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

MLadani
    MLadani
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

I got back to the plugin author and he told me the following

Thank you for getting in touch with us!

Could you please try excluding the #ajaxsearchpro1_2 id from translation? You can do so by going to Settings -> TranslatePress -> Advanced -> Exclude selectors from translation.

I have implemented it. Could you kindly check whether this has solved the issue? I still get the server error message.

Cheers,
    mario

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

I’m afraid that is not going to help.

The issue is not on the existing page – but within the ajax request, the actual response text is translated, which is returned from the server side. Using a selector of this type is not going to work, as the response is not a valid HTML, but a custom encoded text with HTML+JSON data.

Is there any hook or something programmatical to exclude certain actions/hooks/ajax requests from the server side translation?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.