Ajax Search not working nor showing up on my site

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search not working nor showing up on my site

This topic contains 45 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by tdarnold tdarnold 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

That is because those are product categories, which is a custom taxonomy. If you want to turn them off, you need to turn off the “Show the taxonomy selectors?” options on the same page.
    They weren’t clickable, because there was something wrong with the “tick” color. If it ever disappears in the future, just change the “Settings drop-down tick color” on the Theme options->Settigns icon&Dropdown page and save the settings.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

tdarnold
    tdarnold
    Participant

I apologize I see it is working. Using taxonimies

tdarnold
    tdarnold
    Participant

Ok thanks one other question . If I want it to search both directions say for “michael jackson” and produce results for both “michael jackson’ and jackson, michael” do I need to turn relevancy on?

tdarnold
    tdarnold
    Participant

Also is here any way to consolidated the categories in the search?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

No, you dont need relevancy for that.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tdarnold
    tdarnold
    Participant

it doesnt search both ways right now. How do I turn that on. i know it did before.

tdarnold
    tdarnold
    Participant

BTW I am going to give you a good rating at codecanyon, youve been very helpful

ernest_test
    ernest_test
    Participant

The only thing that could affect this is the exact matches. You should turn off “Show exact matches only?” selector on the general options page, then it should work 🙂

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Sorry, I sent my previous message with my test account accidentally 🙂

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tdarnold
    tdarnold
    Participant

Ok everything looks good. One more question. When I type in michael jackson I get great results. When I type in michale jackson the girl is mine I get nothing. but I know its there. Whats the tweak?

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I get results for “michale jackson the girl is mine”, but it takes very long, about a minute to get the results. It’s because of the big size of the database and the number of keywords. Because the “Show exact matches only?” are turned off, the search checks every word separately, and the more keywords, the longer the search. For 2 words it’s only a few seconds, but for 3,4,5… it’s much longer.

You can turn back on the “Show exact matches only?”, it will probably solve this, however then it wont work for different direction (michael jackson, jackson michael), but probably this is the only way to solve this.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tdarnold
    tdarnold
    Participant

Yes show exact matches was on and I turned it off. thanks again for a great search solution.

tdarnold
    tdarnold
    Participant

I keep losing my checked tickers in the drop down box. When I choose default settings on the theme they come back then dissappear again, Dont mean to be a pain

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Try to add this css rule to the site css, it should solve this permanently:

.searchsettings .option label:after {
        border: 3px solid rgb(255, 255, 255) !important;
    }
    Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

tdarnold
    tdarnold
    Participant

Ok thanks. One other question I need to have the search open in a results window. I know it sues shortcode. Is there a tutorial I can look at?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.