Ajax Search Pro causing 500 internal error!!!

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro causing 500 internal error!!!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scottmasterton86
    scottmasterton86
    Participant

You will also need an authentication code to login in to my site.

I urgently need help here. I have installed your Ajax Search Pro WP and deactivated while testing some things and found that it took my website down completely causing a 500 internal server error. I reactivated it and the site came back online. I deactivated it and the site went offline again. I then used the wipe and deactivate option within the plugin – which states it will take WP back to a state prior to installation – Well it didn’t it took my site offline again. I then reactivated and the site came back online.

I then uninstalled and again my site went offline. I then had to reinstall my site from a backup!!

I am not happy…. can you please tell me how to remove your software without it taking my site down!

many thanks
    Scott Masterton

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

The plugin cannot take the wesbite down, while it is inactive, it is impossible – as the code does not execute whatsoever.

Do you have any custom code, customization, custom plugin, custom theme code etc.. that may use any of the search functions? That is the only cause I can think of. A custom code may want to access one of the search internal functions or the API, and because it is no longer active, it fails.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

scottmasterton86
    scottmasterton86
    Participant

No, I don’t have any customization, I installed the plugin a few days ago on my live site. I created one search form within the plugin and immediately thought this is too complicated to test on my live site. So I created a staging site and have been testing everything on my staging site not on the live site.

I now want to uninstall it on my live site and have done as I mentioned above. Please log in if you don’t believe me…. but when I deactivate the plugin the site goes offline!!!

When I deactivate on the staging site, everything still works and when I uninstall on the staging site, everything still works but on the live site it goes offline immediately.

Please help get this sorted I need to remove this asap.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

The log-in details does not seem to work, can you please check?
    Can you please also add temporary FTP details, I would like to check if there is any error logged.

Once you disable the plugin, how do you re-enable if the site goes offline? Or is the administrator area still accessible?

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

scottmasterton86
    scottmasterton86
    Participant

Ok, my apologies… I think I might have found the problem and I no longer think it is due to your plugin. Sorry for that and taking up your time.

My host is Siteground and although I haven’t totally figured it out yet, I believe it may be to do with the ‘memcached’ setting in the siteground optimizer. I am still testing and am now talking to Siteground but once I disabled memcached I was able to deactivate and uninstall the plugin. I still have a problem that I can’t restart memcached or my site goes offline again. This is posted for your info and for anyone that might have similar issue.

thanks and again my apologies.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.