Ajax Search Pro + Elementor Pro Filter gallery not working in Safari

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro + Elementor Pro Filter gallery not working in Safari

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    zukunftsatlas78
    zukunftsatlas78
    Participant

Hi there,

I did a Website for a client, using Elementor Pro and Ajax Search Pro. On the site https://zukunftsatlas.in3.team/index/ the filter system using ajax search pro does not work. This seems to be a bug exclusively for safari. Do you have any idea on how to fix this? Since my client is a university that mostly runs on apple devices, the site not working smooth on safari is a big deal.

Kind regards,

Timo Rick

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi Timo,

Thank you for the details!

I managed to find an issue, it is actually a bug with the Safari browser. When live loading elements, Safari is not able to render the images, when the srcset attribute is present. I have found bug reports from years ago about this, but seems like they never bothered to fix it.

Anyways, I had to log-in via FTP and make direct changes to sort of remove that attribute, now it should be okay. I will make sure to have this implemented in the upcoming release, so you don’t have to worry about it anymore.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

zukunftsatlas78
    zukunftsatlas78
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you so much for fixing it,the filter system works now. However there seems to be a problem with the styling of the input field, which is displayed properly in every browser except safari. This has not been the case before, do you have any idea on how to fix this? I tried overriding it with -webkit – appearance: none; but it changed nothing at all.

Kind regards,

Timo

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

It looks like an outdated cache issue only. I tried on an iPhone 13 pro, it looks okay, as well as macbook safari.
    I suspect the safari browser cache might be outdated there, that would explain the issue. If you clear the site and browser cache, it should resolve the problem.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.