Ajax Search Pro fails to work at all, but Search Lite does

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro fails to work at all, but Search Lite does

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PeterKts7
    PeterKts7
    Participant

I am not sure why, but if I use the shortcode for Ajax Search Lite, the plugin works flawlessly, the search bar seamlessly updates the results. But I’ve purchased Ajax Search Pro, and since I have not been able to get it to work the same way. I have used the default settings but the short code only produces a text box and a magnifying glass, but when I type anything into the box, there are no results produced. I am not sure what the difference could be between the lite and pro version.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by PeterKts7 PeterKts7.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

I believe the issue is, that the plugin scripts are completely missing from the site footer. I am not seeing the regular wordpress scripts there either. It is usually caused by the missing wp_footer(); function in the theme footer.php file. I highly recommend checking that.

I tried to log-in with the details, but either the login name or the password are incorrect.
    Try changing this option on the plugin back-end: https://i.imgur.com/ADugXnq.png
    Then clear your site cache (if you have any) and the browser cache.

If this helps, then the wp_footer() is definitely missing. Let me know!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

PeterKts7
    PeterKts7
    Participant

I have tried your solution but it does not seem to fix the issue, I do have wp_footer() enabled however. As I use it in my templates to load the footer, and like I said, the lite version works as well. I have updated the user and password so you should have access

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thanks, now I was able to log in, and found the problem.

So, the only difference between how the two versions load their scripts is, that in the Lite version the ‘jquery’ requirement is missing from the wp_register_script(..) call. It is actually a bug in the current Lite version, which is about to be fixed in the upcoming release.
    Since this was the only difference, I checked if there was a custom jQuery script loaded within the theme functions.php file, and there was, but the new handler name was incorrect, it was in camel-case instead of lower-case: https://i.imgur.com/5inG0x9.png

I have corrected that to lower case via the theme editor on the back-end, now it should be working. Many other plugins also use that as a pre-requesite string, and WordPress is case sensitive to that, so those scripts won’t load. Now I am seeing some other scripts loading as well, which weren’t there before. It should be all right now.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

PeterKts7
    PeterKts7
    Participant

Yes it works now, Thank you! You have also probably saved me trouble in the future as well.

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.