Ajax Search Pro – iframe contents

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro – iframe contents

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    yeang.chng73
    yeang.chng73
    Participant

Hi Ernest,

Thank you again for your wonderful support and amazing search product. We are loving it.

I ran into an issue recently, where I need Ajax Search Pro to index a page with an iframe to another subpage. For instance, if you search “Mayo” in the search it gives you “Mayo Landing” but no preview. It appears that it is not expanding the iframe that the page contains (page = https://ychng.net/mayo-landing). It is only indexing the page title. If you search “CA Dean” which is contained in the iframe on that page, there is no hit.

I have excluded the page that the iframe points to from the search results (https://ychng.net/mayo) because that page doesn’t have the header menu. I use this as a central point for changing stuff and then I use iframes to insert this into other locations so I don’t have to make 10 changes if I need to change something.

Is there some way to make Ajax Search Pro search the contents of the iframes?
    Under the option: What to do with shortcodes in results content? I have already selected “Execute them” option).

Thank you!!

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words!

There is an option to instruct the plugin to index the iframe contents when using the index table engine, however it is only an experimental feature, and it may not work in most cases.
    Even if the indexing is successful, showing the page contents within the preview from an iframe is not possible.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.