Ajax Search Pro search bar in WP/Divi header no longer appears

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro search bar in WP/Divi header no longer appears

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    nielsk6132
    nielsk6132
    Participant

Dear Support,

I previously had an Ajax Search Pro search bar in the header of my WordPress/Divi website and everything worked fine. It was using Ajax Search Pro 4.13.2 from a previous contract I had with a web agency. Now I develope the site myself. So I purchased Ajax Search Pro and updated to the latest version 4.17.1 . As a result the Ajax Search Pro search bar has completely disappeared from the header and I couldn’t find a reason for this behaviour.

Do you know what the problem could be?

If not, could you please provide me with he old version 4.13.2 so I can check against the new version which would make finding the reason easier.

Thanks,

Cornelius

Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi,

The most likely cause might be, that the search shortcode might have been integrated into the theme header directly via editing the theme files. If the theme was updated, the change might have been reverted/updated.
    The plugin update should not affect this in any way, as the shortcode/widget is rendered the same way across the versions.

I would rather not include an older version of the plugin, as downgrading will definitely cause issues and possible data loss. Reverting to older releases is only recommended if you have a database and file archive.

First, I suggest checking if the automatic theme search replacement feature is enabled – maybe the devs used that feature for the override.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.