Ajax Search Pro spinning on clean WP install

Home Forums Product Support Forums Ajax Search Pro for WordPress Support Ajax Search Pro spinning on clean WP install

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Ernest Marcinko Ernest Marcinko 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LinnightL
    LinnightL
    Participant

Ajax Search Pro for WordPress is just left spinning

I first set it up on a downloaded localhost version – worked perfectly – with latest version of xampp

Did not work on live site

So I created a subdomain on the same server with a clean install off WordPress using 2017 theme. The only plugins are Ajax Search Pro & Yoast

Set up a few basic pages with the shortcode on the front page

Obviously this has to be a server setup issue – can you help me pinpoint what the issue is

I do have cpanel access to the domain only not the WHM – bbut if something needs to be turned on then I can contact the person who is hosting my client’s website.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by LinnightL LinnightL.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by LinnightL LinnightL.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Hi!

Thank you very much for the details, it helps me a lot. FTP unfortunately does not let me open anything, only locks me in an empty directory.

However I might have an idea what the issue is. Whenever I disable images, the search starts working again. I’ve looked through the source of that code part on my local server, and there is one function that might cause such issue, called mb_convert_encoding
    I cannot confirm this, as I wanted change that line of code, but the FTP is not letting me.

The possible suspected cause is, that the multibyte functions might be disabled on the server. You might be able to enable them via the CPanel, or somewhere in the php.ini file. I highly recommend that, if possible, as lots of plugins require (or prefer) multibyte functions to work properly with strings.

If that is not possible, then can you please try the following solution:
    – Open up the wp-content\plugins\ajax-search-pro\includes\functions\functions.php file on your server via an FTP editor
    – Change it’s contents with this: https://goo.gl/4YAs62
    – Save the file
    In this file, the content parser checks if the upper mentioned function exists, before using it. If I was right, then this should solve the problem.

I hope this helps!

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

If you like my products, don't forget to rate them on codecanyon :)

LinnightL
    LinnightL
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster

Thank you very much Lindsay!

If the code works and resolved the issue, then this was definitely the mentioned function causing it. You don’t have to worry about this anymore, the next update will include this change for sure, I have already added it to the version control system.

Since the code is working, I guess I don’t need to use the FTP details after all, I’m sorry about the inconvenience.

Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

LinnightL
    LinnightL
    Participant
    You cannot access this content.
    Ernest Marcinko
    Ernest Marcinko
    Keymaster
    You cannot access this content. Best,
    Ernest Marcinko

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.